Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPA's - Beer

MrAgave is offline Administrator

Default IPA's - Beer

I first have to say that I'm not really a beer fan at all. I'll drink it occasional when out with friends, but I rarely keep any at the house. I accompanied my bro at the Great American Beer Fest this year and helped out during the judging portion, and got to try lots of the medal winners. It turns out the I actually like some beer, the Imperial IPA's and the Red Imperials were probably my favorites of the entire event.

Pizza Port won a lot of awards throughout the event, and I know they have many locations in CA. They had some great beers.

I went to the local liquor store tonight looking for something unique, and bought some STONE Ruination, and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Both were excellent.

Any other hop heads out there.

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

I have had the Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, but I'm more of a lager drinker than ale. If you can find it near you, try Bluepoint Toasted Lager, they also have other varities, but Toasted Lager is my favorite, especially on tap
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsars1 View Post
    I have had the Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA, but I'm more of a lager drinker than ale. If you can find it near you, try Bluepoint Toasted Lager, they also have other varities, but Toasted Lager is my favorite, especially on tap
    Agreed on the Toasted Lager! It's amazing when it's cold and poured into a frosty mug. In the bottle, it can taste a little metallic.

MrAgave... go to tobp.com (The Opinionated Beer Page) for beer reviews. These guys have drunk tons of beer and give quality advice on countless labels. Porter seems to be their favorite style, which is a very acquired taste. I favor Lagers and Ales: Negra Modelo, Killians Irish Red, Samuel Smith's Organically Produced Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Bluepoint Toasted Lager, Red Stripe, Bass and Carta Blanca are all great selections with excellent beer flavor.
    Last edited by chefrob; December 11th, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

Beer and tequila are my 2 addictions. Every time I try a new bottle of beer, I keep the bottle and store it on my shelf... thus far im up well over 100 bottles. I dont know how out of control your looking to get as far as hops are concerned, I personally am not a fan of beers that are overly hoppy. Nothing more I cant stand than feeling like I should be chewing my beer like a horse from over-killed grassy notes. There are some IPAs and Imperials that Ive tried that are borderline undrinkable to me. Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner is def one you should try if youre seeking hops.

My current "kick" im on right now is Lion from Sri Lanka. KILLER beers!

Tried some new ones tonight... V went to Argonaut and I told her to bring home some goods.

First was Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA, and then I tried Stone Double Bastard. Both mighty good.

Will save the Hopsilicious for tomorrow... maybe.

Last week, I saw the funniest beer name I've ever seen: Hoptimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
    bwuahahaha. I have to have that one for my collection. I need to find it!!

Quote Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
    That is a good one. I tried one last night called Hop Stoopid

Those beer guys are creative!

I love beer!
    The Pyramid brewery used to be located about 10 mins from my house, and I would go there whenever possible for "tasting". That brewery made the best beers ever, and it was a serious bummer when Thomas Kemper bought them out and closed the Kalama, WA brewing operation.
    Nowadays, I like Sheaf Stout, and just about anything from Bridgeport, especially Blue Heron, and Ebenezer. Samuel Smith makes some darn fine brews as well, but you'll have to look in a specialty store to find them.

Samuel Smith's Organically Produced Ale is one of my favorite beers. It's a nice cold weather brew with good balance and true ale flavor. Of the list that MilesDavis provided, SSOPA is significantly easier to find than the others. It comes in 4-pack bottles or 1-pint bottles and has a red-pink label.

Ruedrich's Red Seal Ale pretty good too. It is hoppy... almost floral, yet not too bitter. This bottle has a red seal on the label. It's made from the same reliable company (North Coast Brewing Co) that produces Blue Star American Wheat Beer.

Toasted Lager (Yellow Label) is hard to beat when it comes to pleasing the masses, yet it still lets you retain your pride... unlike Bud, Miller and Corona.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast