Jesus Reyes Tequila Blanco

T May 11, 2007

96 (1)
24956 0 1 0 0
Jesus Reyes Tequila Blanco

Tequila Review

NOM

Jesus Reyes Blanco Tequila

Jesus Reyes Blanco Tequila, a 100% Blue Agave product from Casa Reyes Barajas in Jalisco, Mexico.

User reviews

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

92(1)
Initial Taste

98(1)
Body

94(1)
Finish

95(1)
Enjoyability

98(1)
Price

99(1)
Presentation

90(1)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Okay - I will admit to being an anjeo fan - even extra anjeo is better for me as long as it does not taste too much like whiskey (from the barrels). So - I am in the town of Tequila taking a tour of the distilleries and the tour guide (Shelley) takes us to Casa Reyes. I had never heard of this company but it was next to Orendain Distillery. This company is a well guarded secret as far as I am concerned. It does one production/run a year and that is it. They have a little store at the distillery that stays open as long as there is product available. There were free tastings so I tried everything they had to offer. This was the biggest surprise I have ever had from a blanco. It was actually sweet and flavorful with every little alcohol burn aftertaste. The only blanco I have ever had that tastes even remotely like this is DeLeon. It is a lot more expensive. The Jesus Reyes bottle is a plain simple bottle - the taste is complex and unforgettable. You may have to go to Tequila to find it but it is worth the trip. How does this low-land producer get such flavor from its blanco? It's a beautiful mystery - explore it if you can.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0