Puerto Vallarta Tequila Blanco

T May 06, 2007

83 (3)
21796 0 1 0 1
Puerto Vallarta Tequila Blanco

Tequila Review

NOM

Puerto Vallarta Blanco Tequila

Puerto Vallarta Blanco Tequila is 100% puro de Agave from the Los Altos region of Jalisco, Mexico, where cooler temperatures and red clay soil allow the Agave to fully develop its natural qualities. This Tequila is carefully made to reach a palate pleasing softness.

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

81(3)
Initial Taste

82(3)
Body

83(3)
Finish

82(3)
Enjoyability

81(3)
Price

93(3)
Presentation

86(3)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The city is much better than the spirit!

An acceptable party mixer for the money or at least slighty better than the mixto types. A medium hot alcohol nose with a trace of agave & a spicy overall taste leads to a short, pungent finish. Medium smooth with some alcohol burn makes this spirit better masked in a drink recipe rather than for shots. The reposado is better & can be used equally as well for a similar mixer.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a caballito sticking to the sides with thin legs forming after a good amount of time.

Puerto Vallarta Blanco

Color: clear
Aroma: agave and clay
Taste: light on the tongue with the taste of pure agave, clay and a little clove with a nice strong burn of a finish though not a burn that makes your eyes water

I have added this to my 'recession' Tequila. If I am unable to find a bottle of Cabrito Blanco then this is my second choice for a spicy highland Tequila. Once I receive my tax payer bail out I will spend it on my blanco favorites Chinaco, Siete Leguas, El Tesoro, Corralejo and Milagro. Puerto Vallarta Blanco works really well in cocktails and is decent straight. If you don't want to go all out this Superbowl for your mixer Tequila, then I would either go with Cabrito or Puerto Vallarta. I like the attempt on the corked bottle, though it is a plastic cork.
SP
Top 10 Reviewer 43 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I really dont like having to judge the presentation, but oh well.
For the price, Puerto Vallarta cant be beat as a mixer. its not a great tequila, its a decent tequila. Very, very basic aroma, and taste. Nothing special to report, but nothing to slander either. And for those friends of yours who came over to have a few cocktails(who arent tequila aficionados) this is perfect for them. What do they care, as long as that margarita is made from fresh squeezed limes?
for 18 bucks, it cant be beat.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0