Tequila Review

Brand
NOM
Extraction Method
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila 374 Silver

Tequila 374 Silver is unaged triple-distilled Tequila, and is 100% blue Agave bliss. Fresh, clear, and pure, 374 Silver is bottled straight from the still to best capture the unique character and full flavor of tequila in its most traditional form. It has a silky consistency with a subtle taste that hints of floral, citrus, and natural herbs.

Our brand represents the area code for the city of Tequila, Jalisco and its surroundings. 374 is the birthplace of Mexico's national drink and pride. It was within the area 374 that Tequila was distilled for the first time back in the 1500s, making Tequila the first distilled spirit on the North American Continent.

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila 374 Blanco * Tasted 10-21-08 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: clear - medium body and tears
Aroma: mild alcohol, agave with hints of lemon and spearmint
Initial Taste: peppery, mild agave
Spirit Body: sweet agave and mint, thin and warm
Finish / Aftertaste: heated finish, medium spearmint aftertaste
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 3 1

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

88(2)
Initial Taste

87(2)
Body

88(2)
Finish

87(2)
Enjoyability

88(2)
Price

89(2)
Presentation

89(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a snifter. As the recession rolls on, I keep looking for good deals on good tequilas. 374 was a nice surprise for me. At $24 bux a bottle, I feel I got a very good blanco. To be honest, normally I don't care for triple distilled tequilas. But Im glad I gave this one a try. Its clean, sweet, and smooth. Yet another one Id recommend to new tequila drinkers who are just delving into the tequila world.

Aroma: A simple, yet inviting aroma of fruit (raspberry), floral ( violet) and clay.
Initial Taste: A thin mouth feel, on first sip its sweet with a slight bitterness. With a first taste of fruit (raspberry).
Body: A semi earth agave body with hints of spice and floral (violet).
Finish: A long semi heated finish with a fruity lingering aftertaste.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

374 Silver NOM 1522 Tasted on 7/26/08 at 7:00pm. I tasted this tequila in a friend’s home and used a spirits glass for tasting. 374 does not age their Silver which causes it to be clear in color. Intense medicinal earthy aromas of this tequila are followed by moderate notes of fruit and floral with mild notes of spice. In the mouth, the Silver is thin and mellow. While the tequila is sweet, there is a hint of bitterness. When examining the flavors of 374 Silver, first impressions include intense floral accents with moderate to intense agave. On a second sip, I noticed moderate flavors of earth and fruit with mild spice. This tequila finishes with a long duration of flavor and a tingly numbing alcohol intensity that contains some heat. I awarded 374 Silver the rating of 86 points out of 100.
TJ
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 1