NOM
Agave Region
Oven Type
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Tasting Awards
2010 TEQUILA.net Awards - Bronze Medal 2008 Agave Spirits Challenge Top Agave Spirit, Platinum Medal & Judge Favorite
2010 Bronze Medal

Tequila El Gran Jubileo Extra Anejo

Tequila El Gran Jubileo Extra Añejo - Seleccion Suprema is triple distilled, 100% Agave, and aged in new American white oak barrels for over 5 years. It is produced in the town of Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico, at Union de Productores de Agave, a small family owned distillery that has been producing El Gran Jubileo Tequila since 1999.

The brand El Gran Jubileo was created to celebrate the year 2000, and translates to The Great Jubilee or The Great Celebration. Only the best Agaves are selected for El Gran Jubileo, and produced using an unhurried, methodical process to create the ultimate Tequila.

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

El Gran Jubileo Extra Anejo * Tasted February 2010 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: golden amber - thick body and slow tears
Aroma: light grass and oak, with hints of caramel and vanilla
Initial Taste: agave, sweet orange, light wood and chocolate
Spirit Body: warm buttery agave and caramel
Finish / Aftertaste: warm finish of oak and chocolate, and medium length mint and caramel aftertaste

El Gran Jubileo Extra Anejo is an excellent 5 year aged Tequila for the price!
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 5 0

User reviews

5 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

90(5)
Initial Taste

93(5)
Body

90(5)
Finish

92(5)
Enjoyability

92(5)
Price

92(5)
Presentation

93(5)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Nothing too special, I expected more for the cost.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 1
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Great golden color with a hint of wood taste. Good tears and body. buttery caramel flavor with a hint of sweetness. One can see and taste this tequila has been aged for 5 years plus! As to price, you would be hard pressed to find any other as good for twice the price. All my friends became believers after they were introduced to this fine anejo when I served it to them. This is a keeper not to be missed.
A
Top 500 Reviewer 4 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I've now had an opportunity try the Anejo, and very much enjoy it. This finely crafted spirit has a nice, sweet, not overpowering aroma. This is a very smooth tequila - with fuller body, but finishes very nicely. Priced much less than comparable tasting tequilas. Very Nice!!
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I have had the opportunity to taste this tequila several times throughout my tequila life. This is one of the tequilas that has remained constant whilst my tastebuds have changed. I find the aroma/nose of this tequila to be very sweet. This can be viewed as a positive or a negative. The initial taste is very smooth. The entry follows the aroma, sweet and smooth. I don't sense alot of agave or wood. The finish is very heavy, much like maple syrup. The price point and the presentation are excellent on this product. Bottom line, while it's not my favorite, it's a great introductory tequila. It's 100% Agave and would be popular with new tequila drinkers.
C
Top 100 Reviewer 5 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The sophistication and depth of a fine cognac or barrel aged whiskey meets Tequila. Great nose with hints of vanilla and butterscotch. Initial taste also sings vanilla and caramel with a finish that keeps giving. Classic refreshing "artichoke heart" on the final finish.
M
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0