Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dichbe'll brand tequila

Default i would do anything

i would do anything (really!) ANYTHING!

do get mor of this mezcal!!!!

I have a friend whose family lives in Oaxaca. She has copies of the pictures and will check out the product - it is clearly a mezcal from Santiago Matitlan, a small town 25 minutes southeast of Oaxaca City. I expect I'll hear more about it within a day or two.
    You will likely find that it is not widely distributed.
    "Para que vino sepa a vino, hay que tomarlo con un amigo."

It appears to be Mezcal by the pictures but I hope you find out the details for us!
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

@deedub
    i would be deeply grateful for this!

By the way, Do-it-now, how much did you pay for this mezcal?

?.. that was in 2006 - so im not that sure now
    but it was not cheap i remember...
    i think it was 40-60 Doller for one bottle (obout 0,5 liters)

OK Do-it-now - here is what we know so far. As mentioned, it comes from Oaxaca and can legally be transported in bulk and packaged elsewhere in Mexico. This appears to be the case. It is not a registered product, and really does not need be, but many producers do register their facilities and products, and in doing so assure their customers a certain standard of quality and authenticity.
    They package the product according to different themes - Maria Felix, the great film star of the 40's & 50's, Tiger Woods (not likely to see that one in the US.) My friend figures we will soon see a Michael Jackson edition.
    Other than Cozumel, there are no known outlets. I am asking that my friend's family check the distillery in Santiago Matatlan. She herself will be in Oaxaca in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know what happens.
    In any case, it is doubtful that you will find it on liquor store shelves.
    And the name is clearly Dichbe'h.

ok - thanks
    thanks a lot!

Exclamation Dichbe'H

To answer all the questions: First it is a Mezcal. Which now Mezcal is regulated by the Mexician Govt. It is far better than Tequila. Why you may ask, under Mexician Law Tequila moust contain at least 51% Agave, Mezcal must contain at least 80% agave. So let's all understand, same or better product, just not produced in the Tequila Region as list by the Governmnet. Also, Tequila (silver) may be bottled as it runs off the distiller and sold with no aging. Also Tequilas' may be blended, adding sugars, etc.. Only 100% Agave distilled Tequila is pure. Dichbe'H is a 100% pure Agave distilled spirt. Usually in 80 proof. It is quaility controlled, it has no added sugars. What the Master Distiller did was create a way to keep the natural sugars which agave has a lot of and it color and flavor intact. Example green-green agave, blue- blue agave. They do have a clear all the above removed( for those who like the bite) All his agave is at least 8 years old prior to harvest, min aged 2 years in XXXXXX(secret) Oak. How do I know all this simply I know the owner/master distiller. Also there are rumors of a Las Vegas store opening soon. Yes there will be ,but not until sometime late in 2010. The product is only sold at the factory in Oaxaca and two other locations in Cozumel ( Punta Lagosta Mall) and Waydham Resort. However it is coming to the US soon. I will update as importing developes!

Quote Originally Posted by J D Goodman View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of Dichbe'll tequila? We tried some in a "factory outlet" in Cozumel last weekend and we bought several bottles. I noticed when we got home that there is no government stamp on the bottle as I believe there should be. Anyone know the story on this stuff?

Thanks.

JDG

I just visited Cozumel last month and bought some tequila from a shop there. Which one did you buy that Dichbe'll from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast