Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Los Arango Anejo

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

Default Los Arango Anejo

Has anyone tried this tequila yet? I just picked it up at my local liquor store by recommendation of the manager there, he knows I like a well-bodied anejo and he said this one won't disappoint me. I had to have him call his distributor though because it doesn't say 100% agave on it, the reposado had a sticker though, I think they just forgot or it fell off. He and his distributor assured me it is. They are hand made and hand numbered so I think they just forgot to sticker them.

Mr. A, you will have to add it to the review listing so I can post a review after I try it. I also have to get a few other reviews posted one of these days. I printed some of those tasting sheets and they are great. I just need to finalize some more notes.
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

MrAgave is offline Administrator

Default Re: Los Arango Anejo

Can you photograph it as well? I don't have that one, just the reposado. I see the Anejo online for around 60-70, how much did you pay for it?

I think I can photogragh it, but it'll have to be later because I don't know how to, but my 13 year old daughter does  .  They had it for $50.99 and they always have $5 coupons for anything over $50,  plus I had a $25 gift card,  so it only cost me $25 with tax .

I just hope it's not a mixto!!

If it doesn't say 100% on the label then it probably is a mixto. I don't believe they can get by with throwing on a sticker, the CRT is tough on labeling. It still might be good though... :P

I hope it's good too. That would suck if it isn't, but then again it only cost me $25, but then I would've liked to use the gift card for something else :-\. According to shoppersvineyard, the BTI gave it 90pts. We'll see.

I just emailed Seth at Shopper's Vineyard and he told me that is is 100%. I hope he's right.

Seth is a good salesman.

I dig their emails on the blowouts and the stories that go along with it. Almost makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of THEM!

I don't know Spanish that well but there is a sticker on the bottle that says: El sello garantiza la calidad insuperable de este tequila. And another line that says : Lo mejor de Mexico. Anyone care to translate?

Quote Originally Posted by gsars1
    I don't know Spanish that well but there is a sticker on the bottle that says: El sello garantiza la calidad insuperable de este tequila. And another line that says : Lo mejor de Mexico. Anyone care to translate?
    The seal guarantees the insurmountable quality of this tequila. The best thing of Mexico. (according to babelfish translator)

Ok, I have more info. I emailed Seth again and asked him to check his bottles and I also gave him the handwritten lot numbers to check with his. He said it's the same lot number as mine but his bottles have the 100% sticker. I guess mine must have fallen off. I should be able to tell when I drink it, when I tried the San Matias Gran Reserva which is a mixto, I could feel that 'burn' as it finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast