Cavalino Tequila Reposado

Hot
T June 01, 2007

95 (3)
32216 0 1 0 8
Cavalino Tequila Reposado

Tequila Cavalino Reposado

In the finest tradition of authentic Mexican Tequila, comes Tequila Cavalino. It's an ultra-smooth spirit that is aged a minimum of six months. The producers of Cavalino have emphasized precise detail to ensure their results: Tequila Cavalino is pure premium.

Cavalino Reposado comes from the historical method of distillation. This special process allows the spirit to gain a significant amount of color and aroma, not to mention the unique flavor of the wood-aged Blue Agave.

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

95(3)
Initial Taste

96(3)
Body

95(3)
Finish

96(3)
Enjoyability

94(3)
Price

99(3)
Presentation

81(3)
A real bargain
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is undoubtedly the best value I've encountered in a fine tequila. Very smooth and sippable at a very reasonable cost. I paid just $21 + tax, which is remarkable for such a good product. My guess is that it just hasn't been discovered by enough tequila fanciers to create the demand that will eventually cause that price to rise. You'd better find it and get ahold of some quickly, because this is probably the best tequila available in its range.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Another well priced gem. Reminds me a lot of Muchote. Strong reposado flavors, but a really low price.

Aroma: Agave, Wood and ripe fruits.
Initial Taste: Wonderful agave sweetness with a touch of oak, spice, fruit and caramel.
Body: Thin & oily body. Coats the mouth really well to allow you to taste all of the flavors in this wonderfully complex reposado. Wood, Agave, Fruit and a nice strong spice and pepper.
Finish: A strong medium length finish that leaves a nice tingle. Wood & spice are prominent.

For $21, this is a gem. The bottle is ho hum, but the juice inside is exquisite. Strong and complex flavors that mesh well together. It's what a good reposado should be. I wish they had a blanco and an anejo.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Cavalino excels in all areas. This tequila beat Patron and other highly known brands at the Chicago taste testings. The price is unbeatable too. We buy cavalino because of taste and price.