Don Camilo Tequila Anejo

Hot
T April 15, 2007

92 (4)
27734 0 2 0 2
Don Camilo Tequila Anejo

Don Camilo Anejo Tequila

Don Camilo 100% de Agave has been aged very slowly for up to three years in brand new white oal barrels to obtain the most special flavor and natural color. The amber color and woody flavor are picked up from the oak, and the oxidation that takes place through the porous wood develops the unique bouquet and taste. From your first sip to your last taste, Don Camilo Anejo portrays the image of tremendous sophistication.

The additional photo is their Limited Production ceramic barrel, containing 1.75L.

User reviews

4 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

92(4)
Initial Taste

93(4)
Body

93(4)
Finish

93(4)
Enjoyability

92(4)
Price

91(4)
Presentation

94(4)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I bought the 1.75L mini keg from Hi Time for $80. Awesome little bottle for the front of your bar. This is a well aged tequila with some nice complex flavors that makes it very enjoyable.

Aroma: Agave, wood and anise. Very pleasant.
Initial taste: Moderate sweetness, wood and spice.
Body: Medium thick body that really highlights the aging well.
Finish: Very smooth. The black liquorice flavor hits at the end and is light enough to not be overpowering.

All around this is a very well aged and smooth drink. It's an awesome bottle and will be around for a long time with 1.75L of it to be consumed.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Bought 5/7/10 paid $50 on line, sampled from 6 oz shot glass neat. You either love or hate the bottle... I love it! In the glass the color is caramel, leaves minimal fast legs, quickly forming to small tears. The nose is light agave/alcohol. Medium mouth feel with some heat. Swallows smooth, leaves you with a slight heated finish that builds nicely. Leaves a tinge of oak after taste with a pinch of pepper/alcohol left on the tongue. This anejo has been aged for up to 3 yrs in NEW white oak barrels, this gives the agave a distinct flavor, nose and mouth feel. This is a very "clean" tequila, its not confused or over produced with a plethora of added junk to get in the way of the wonderful aged agave. An excellent anejo, very honest, no tricks, just quality agave and aged to perfection.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I paid $46.99 for this bottle and tasted it out of a crystal snifter.
The initial nose on this is a light butterscotch and nut mix, infused with medium alcohol burn.
The body is confused, with legs that fall unevenly down the glass walls. I gave it many swirls to see if it would open up, and it eventually did.
The taste had me on the fence. The agave seemed a tad sour. Also, my attention was really drawn to the wood that this tequila sat in. The wood is a high focus in this tasting and I am led to believe the oak they used is mediocre. Really, this Añejo is being controlled by the oak barrels. It makes for an interesting experience, but not one I would want to choose again for the price. I recognize this Añejo has character, one that may be a top selection for some tequila drinkers.
The presentation is ok. It is nothing special and the bottle looks a bit shabby, almost like you found it at a flee market or antique show. Though, its cork top did fit nicely.
Over all, this is a tequila that has it's own style and taste. It is different in may ways regarding it's flavor and seems to open up: while oxygenating in your glass.

Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 1
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a large caballito on May 3, 2008 showing long lasting legs down the glass. Enjoyed after a large meal & desert.

Don Camilo Anejo

Color: golden
Aroma: vanilla
Taste: wood, smoke, vanilla & agave with medium to heavy on the tongue finishing smooth

For anejos I rate either the Sol Azul, Casa Noble or Don Julio 1942 higher as of right now. Though I will try Don Camilo again as I don't believe this to be the fairest review since I had food and several cocktails prior to tasting. I did enjoy and will try again.
SP
Top 10 Reviewer 43 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0