Chaya Tequila Reposado

T March 30, 2007

91 (3)
18578 0 1 0 1
Chaya Tequila Reposado

Chaya Reposado Tequila

Chaya Reposado Tequila is aged 7 months in large oak barrels, leaving a rich complexity of spice, caramel, and wood. On the palate, the experience of this flavor is surprisingly smooth and can be enjoyed sipped or combined in your favorite cocktail.

User reviews

3 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

90(3)
Initial Taste

91(3)
Body

91(3)
Finish

91(3)
Enjoyability

91(3)
Price

91(3)
Presentation

92(3)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I fell in love the with blanco from this line so much that I had to go out and get another bottle to see if this was one of the great value brands out there. At under $30 a bottle, I'll gladly give it a shot.

Aroma: Sweet agave, vanilla and citrus fruit.
Initial Taste: A great spicy agave entry with nice compliments of fruit and vanilla.
Body: Medium body with a great balance of agave, oak, vanilla sweetness and light pepper spice.
Finish: A great finish of oak and a great agave spice. A great example of a reposado. Medium finish with great flavors that hang around.

This might not be quite as good as the blanco, but this is a great reposado. It's got all of the aspects you want from a good repo and nice complex flavors. For $30 or under, I'd highly recommend adding this great looking bottle to your bar.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

With colour of pale old gold, this reposado is a fine highland product from Tepatitlan de Morelos. Offering aromas of florals, fruit and agave and a hint of smoke, it is pleasing and light. Mildly sweet on the tongue, its agave flavour blossoms leaving residuals of minerals, earth and a very faint licorice. Chaya finishes moderately with more agave, earth and the same curious touch of anise. I find a slight alcohol excess in the body, but overall Chaya is a satisfying and well crafted reposado.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Chaya Reposado NOM 1420 Tasted on 8/3/07 at 5:20pm. I tried this bottle at Zocalo, which cost me $9, and tasted it out of a snifter. With a pale yellow color, this tequila has intense aromas of floral and fruit. Other aromas include moderate earth with a hint of spice. The tequila has a thin to medium mouth feel and the first sip is sweet with no bitterness. Chaya Reposado has numerous arrays of flavors. Intense flavors of earth and agave, floral, and fruit are followed by moderate earthy notes. With a medium to long duration of flavor, tastes of mild smoke, vanilla, and spice bring this tequila to a slightly numbing finish. Chaya Reposado has received the rating of 90 points out of 100.
TJ