Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tequila that makes a great gift for my husband?

Question Tequila that makes a great gift for my husband?

My husband is into tequila and he is slowly making his own collection. I want to give him a few bottles for his birthday. Please if you guys can help me with any suggestions. I am looking for good quality tequila. I cannot afford anything beyond 300 dollars.

Thank you!

You are an awesome wife! For 300 bucks, I might get a Don Julio 1942 Anejo, a Casa Noble Single Barrel Anejo and a Clase Azul Reposado. These are all beautiful bottles as well as being tasty juices. Or you could get a set of Casa Noble Blanco, Reposado and Anejo along with a KAH skull or two. Asombroso Blanco is wonderful as well as being possibly THE most phallic bottle ever.

There are lots of good reasonably priced tequilas as well - I like to keep a store of Camarena and Espolon for drinking with others, when I don't want to share my good stuff (which is only when I drink! je je je). Centinela (in the old regular shape bottles, not the newer square versions) is good, as is Tapatio.

Lots of reviews on Tequila.net for you to poke through for ideas. I hope you join him on the tequila collecting journey, there is nothing more enchanting than a woman who knows her tequilas. Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Not sure where you are located but Fortaleza/Los Abuelos is highly recommended and I have only seen in it Mexico, never up here in Canada.
    Superchingona likes this.

Corzo.

Definitely Corzo.
    History is'a made at night! Character is what you are in the dark!
    John Wharfin

Quote Originally Posted by sipper View Post
    You are an awesome wife! For 300 bucks, I might get a Don Julio 1942 Anejo, a Casa Noble Single Barrel Anejo and a Clase Azul Reposado. These are all beautiful bottles as well as being tasty juices. Or you could get a set of Casa Noble Blanco, Reposado and Anejo along with a KAH skull or two. Asombroso Blanco is wonderful as well as being possibly THE most phallic bottle ever.

There are lots of good reasonably priced tequilas as well - I like to keep a store of Camarena and Espolon for drinking with others, when I don't want to share my good stuff (which is only when I drink! je je je). Centinela (in the old regular shape bottles, not the newer square versions) is good, as is Tapatio.

Lots of reviews on Tequila.net for you to poke through for ideas. I hope you join him on the tequila collecting journey, there is nothing more enchanting than a woman who knows her tequilas. Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Not sure where you are located but Fortaleza/Los Abuelos is highly recommended and I have only seen in it Mexico, never up here in Canada.
    the three first suggestions in his post are excellent. I'd go with those and maybe a bottle of fortaleza anejo if you can find it in your area, they're at bevmo here in LA, if I were trying to get a few different bottles. However if I were to get one bottle it'd probably be the Chinaco extra anejo, absolutely awesome and pretty rare to find outside of some serious tequilarilas.

det

A HUGE part of the answer depends on where you live. If you're in California, for instance, pretty much anything is available to you because you can find it locally or order it from almost anywhere. But if you live in a state that doesn't allow liquor to be shipped, you're pretty much stuck with what you can find in your local stores.
    jdjohn84 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you're in California, for instance, pretty much anything is available to you because you can find it locally or order it from almost anywhere.

AND you get 360 days of awesome weather a year!

History is'a made at night! Character is what you are in the dark!
    John Wharfin

Thank you so much for your reply, it really helped I will get him the Don Julio 1942, one of the Casa Nobles and the Kah. I will check out Fortaleza and Abuelos and I go to Mexico.

California does have a lovely weather. However we are from Chicago IL, as crazy as it sounds I am in love with our bipolar weather. I love how it is sunny one day and the next 2 degress ha! Thanks for the reply.

sorry but Corzo? :S

I'd suggest an assortment of mid range bottles instead of exclusive single barrels etc or XAs - stretch out that $300. Casa Noble,Don Pilar,Fortaleza,Tapatio, Ocho, Excellia, Muchote, Siembra Azul (heck any NOM1414 product), t1 Uno, Don Modesto, Alquilma, older round bottles of Centinela (if out there), Calle 23....

'det' is exactly right, and some good suggestions there from 'vanguero'. I will add that, in addition to bottles of tequila, you might consider getting hubby proper glassware if he doesn't have it already. Riedel makes a special tequila sipping glass in their Ouverture collection, but also any specialty bourbon or scotch sipping glasses will do as well. Any small snifter-type glass is perfect. With a $300 budget, you could get both tequila and glassware.
    Superchingona and jasonrm72 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast