Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering tequila online

Default Ordering tequila online

Since I live in a state that has pretty tight laws about getting tequila from other states, my attempts to order tequila online has been quite limited. Is this only in certain states, or is this a general problem ordering liquor online? One week I was able to order from Minnesota and the next week, it was over. I love my tequila, but a 10 hour round trip drive for a bottle seems to be a bit much. Any input would be appreciated!

Exactly how tight are the laws in your state? Beer and wine only, or nothing at all? I know two online stores that will still ship to 'beer and wine only' states...or at they ship to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jdjohn84 View Post
    Exactly how tight are the laws in your state? Beer and wine only, or nothing at all? I know two online stores that will still ship to 'beer and wine only' states...or at they ship to mine.
    I know that several states around Michigan will not ship tequila here. I luckily have a friend in Ohio who lives an hour away who will gladly accept shipments (and a shot of said products) for me. This will work, but I would prefer to get them at my home. An hour drive semi-regularly to get something I could get in a few days is inconvenient. Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania will not ship here. I wondered if any other states applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Agavebear View Post
    Since I live in a state that has pretty tight laws about getting tequila from other states, my attempts to order tequila online has been quite limited. Is this only in certain states, or is this a general problem ordering liquor online? One week I was able to order from Minnesota and the next week, it was over. I love my tequila, but a 10 hour round trip drive for a bottle seems to be a bit much. Any input would be appreciated!
    Where in MN do you live? I may have a few suggestions for you since I'm in MN too. Send me a PM if you want.
    Tequila Tourist Blog & Reviews - http://tequilatourist.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/tequilatourist

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Tourist View Post
    Where in MN do you live? I may have a few suggestions for you since I'm in MN too. Send me a PM if you want.
    I think he was ordering from MN, not to MN.

He was even ordering from MI There are probably more tequilas that I can order from a store, but it does get a little pricey and dependent on what is in stock. I tried for a month to get a bottle of Kah Blanco. There is currently a problem with a distributor in the area. I heard a lot of good about Fortaleza, and may have found a way to get it if I send to a friend in OH. An hour isn't much of a drive with the right stereo (which I have), but on a regular basis it can be a drag. So any hints, tips, inside information, or extorted ideas will be appreciated!

If you haven't already done so, try zeetequila.com and drinkupny.com. Zeetequila has an extensive selection and ships anywhere legally/feasibly possible, and although drinkupny has a smaller selection, everything they carry is good, and they ship fairly liberally as well.

I got to hand it to you guys, who order tequila online. And having to wait days for shipment to arrive.
    Now I am starting to feel guilty. how readily available tequila is in So. cal.
    And now that Ramirez liquor just opened a big store in Pico Rivera. (3 min. from my house) I wish
    all you guys had a tequila store nearby. all I can say you guys are truly Tequileros in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by El grano de oro View Post
    I got to hand it to you guys, who order tequila online. And having to wait days for shipment to arrive.
    Now I am starting to feel guilty. how readily available tequila is in So. cal.
    And now that Ramirez liquor just opened a big store in Pico Rivera. (3 min. from my house) I wish
    all you guys had a tequila store nearby. all I can say you guys are truly Tequileros in my book.
    With the small selection usually available in liquor stores in my (about 20 brands with some only having one expression available), you have to be patient. The mantra I hear in Michigan is "We will order you anything you want that is available". In one store, they had a bottle I wanted and said "Sorry, those are promised to other customers", but on the shelf not marked so (DJ 1942). I have not returned to that store. My budget also helps this process along. So I am no tequilero, just someone that loves a good drink of tequila.

Quote Originally Posted by jdjohn84 View Post
    If you haven't already done so, try zeetequila.com and drinkupny.com. Zeetequila has an extensive selection and ships anywhere legally/feasibly possible, and although drinkupny has a smaller selection, everything they carry is good, and they ship fairly liberally as well.
    Thank you for the piece of advice. I ordered a bottle of Fortaleza Blanco from zeetequila.com. Might get it by Friday or next week. Can't wait to taste it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast