Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coupe

Thread: Thank God for Good Friends

Default Thank God for Good Friends

My friend D is up from Merida and brought me a nice surprise, a 2011 box of Cuervo Reserva de la Familia Extra Anejo. The box is stunning, comes with extra stickers by Dr. Lakra, and is a real beauty. With friends like this, what more do I need?

Anybody else have a story of a wonderful tequila surprise? This was always on my To Get list, but never had the money, so it's extra sweet!

Saludos a todos!

I've got no good stories like that, but I have always wanted that bottle/box. It's a beauty.
    Tequila Tourist Blog & Reviews - http://tequilatourist.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/tequilatourist

Same friend brought me a bottle of Esperanto Anejo recently - also a beautiful bottle.

Today had a great surprise waiting for me! Back story: My computer died a couple of weeks ago and the local computer dude was able to hook me up and basically save my life with an awesome repair. While chatting, I found out the IT guy loves Cuban cigars, so I gave him my stash (which was just sitting in a drawer, needing to be brought back to life in a humidor). He asked me what my favourite thing was, and I replied TEQUILA! Today, he came by my office and handed me a plastic bag. I didn't even to look in the bag, I could tell it was a bottle of Kah Reposado. Holy cow! Nothing better than an unexpected bottle of tequila, especially one that is not available here. Completely made my day!

Today's lesson: always treat your IT person well! So, does anybody else have any stories about getting a surprise bottle?

Already shared this story a while back... I was helping a buddy get some personal belongings from his folks place down on the coast and I was admiring his step-dad's liquor collection he had acquired while working at a package store in the 90's. Most of it was Jack Daniels, but there were a couple tequila bottles. I expressed my interest in possibly taking them off his hands and he said I could just have them since he wasn't going to drink them... whiskey was more his taste.

One was the discontinued Jose Cuervo Añejo with the "crooked neck" bottle.

rrehkemper likes this.