Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penca Azul

Default Penca Azul

A couple of questions for those who have had the pleasure of tasting this tequila.

1. Is it worth the price?
    2. Where did you buy it and is it a place that ships it?

I'm in MN, so most places that ship will ship it here. I'm trying to find a place that sells it for a decent price, but I'm having trouble finding one. Thanks

I heard they are no longer making Penca Azul.I always enjoyed the juice but as you said it was a little costly.

Well I just picked an anejo up from OldTownTequila.com | ZeeTequila.com | Online Liquor Store - Your source for Tequila Online- The Tequila SuperStore - Order Online - We Ship. And they will ship. Shipping is a little pricey but they have the best packing department of all the place's I have ordered from...well worth the extra dollars. They have the Crotalo XA on sale for $99, so that made up for the shipping difference for me in Idaho. As for the Penca I wanted another bottle on hand so I didn't have to open my sherrywood bottle that I have. The bottle I received was bottled in 2009 (same date as the sherrywood edition I have) I am probably going to order the repo soon. Is it worth the 109 I paid thats a tough call...they are getting harder to find so I would say yes, but others might disagree.

Thumbs down Watch out though

My only caveat to buying and shipping Penca Azul is I have not had another tequila which I have bought online that has been destroyed in shipping more often. This includes half of my original order for the BlueAgaveForum XA. 2 of 4 bottles destroyed by UPS.

Zee Tequila does do an amazing packing job, I really like the vacuum packing for the Crotalo XA. There is no way for the cork to come loose.

Thanks for all of the input. Given the price of the juice, which one would you most recommend?

Personally I love the blanco, reposado and the añejo.

If you can find the Special Reserve Reposado for less than $60-70 I would jump on it. Found some in a Vegas gift shop a couple of years ago for $50 and cleaned them out. All 3 bottles. Zee is selling a 200ml bottle of this for $40. Most will want as much for this as for the añejo.

The wierd thing is you never know what bottling you are going to get. I ordered a blanco 750ml from HiTime last year and the bottling date was 2000.....great stuff.

The añejo is well worth the $100+ that you are likely to find it for.

So you can't really go wrong with any of the expressions.

IMHO...Penca Azul is out-freakin-standing tequila! The few bottles that I have sampled have all been from '07. I have only heard nothing but good things regarding other batches as well. The anejo is without a doubt my favorite, and the blanco is top notch as well. If you are willing to drop $100 on the anejo, you will definetely get what you pay for!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by totallytequila View Post
    IMHO...Penca Azul is out-freakin-standing tequila! The few bottles that I have sampled have all been from '07. I have only heard nothing but good things regarding other batches as well. The anejo is without a doubt my favorite, and the blanco is top notch as well. If you are willing to drop $100 on the anejo, you will definetely get what you pay for!
    Wine and Liquor Depot has the anejo for $93. I decided to give it a shot since they also had some amazing prices on Fina Estampa and Centinela, which are two brands that I've been wanting to try.

It's the best price that I've seen and although it's expensive, I hope that it's worth it. Thanks for the help everyone

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Tourist View Post
    Wine and Liquor Depot has the anejo for $93. I decided to give it a shot since they also had some amazing prices on Fina Estampa and Centinela, which are two brands that I've been wanting to try.

It's the best price that I've seen and although it's expensive, I hope that it's worth it. Thanks for the help everyone
    They have some Fina Estampa...buy all you can..if I had the cash I would..it never disappoints and impossible to find these days.
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsars1 View Post
    They have some Fina Estampa...buy all you can..if I had the cash I would..it never disappoints and impossible to find these days.
    I got what they had left. They had 2 bottles of the repo for $31 and a bottle of the blanco for $30. They had the anejo listed for $35, but they were sold out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast