La Certeza Tequila Reposado

T March 01, 2007

92 (2)
21800 0 1 0 0

La Certeza Tequila Reposado - Aromas of vanilla and butterscotch combine with sweet blends of roasted cinnamon and citrus to give this aged, double-distilled small-batch tequila its smooth taste and perfect rich finish.

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

92(2)
Initial Taste

92(2)
Body

91(2)
Finish

91(2)
Enjoyability

93(2)
Price

94(2)
Presentation

94(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is my first experience with anything from NOM 1513. They make Lunazul and Certeza and I've never had any age from either brand. The bottle looks nice and the price was right ($30 range). What's not to like?

Aroma: An interesting vegetal and citrusy agave scent in a reposado. It also includes hints of vanilla and spice.
Initial Taste: Vegetal agave, citrus, vanilla and spice. Very crisp.
Body: A nicely balanced body. Only a hint of oak. A minty flavor comes through that fights the aging sweetness a bit, but it's fun to try and taste all of the flavors. Very complex.
Finish: Medium-short finish. Oak, spice and grassy notes make for a finish that isn't bad, but the right blend just isn't there.

This tequila has A LOT of flavors. Some that you'd expect more from a blanco and some from an aged juice. They seem to fight each other a bit as you drink this. It's never unpleasant, but I almost feel like I'm just trying to find all of the flavors instead of just enjoying the ones that are there. It's decent, but it could be a lot better if it was aged a bit longer to take the blanco notes out. I would bet that the blanco has a ton of grassy/vegetal/olive/mint notes that would be great for complex blanco lovers. I'm for sure going to check that one out.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

smooth with good flavor,good price, all around good stuff, I never mix ,always drink neat.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0