Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discontinued Tequilas

Default Discontinued Tequilas

I collect bottles & always try to find out what is going off the shelves before it does so I can keep on unopened.

It is very difficult to find any info on discontinued brands or old bottles - does anyone know of any tequila websites that list them?

If not, let's keep this thread open to discuss them and show off pictures of the ones we have.

I'll start with Dos Lunas, great tasteing affordable brand - sorry to see it go!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Discontinued tequilas

I think this is a good Idea that JPHAT 79 has about having a list of discontinued tequila bottles! and who better to start this list than us! I bet that with help from as many of you guys as possible, we can make a "bad ass" list!! this will be Information that we can all benefit from. I am still a rookie! but here goes my hummble list of three bottles, that from what I been
    told are discontinued bottles! If I am mistaken please correct me! I am still
    learning! 1) PORFIDIO ANEJO 2) EL JIMADOR ANEJO EDICION ESPECIAL
    3)EL CHARRO ANEJO Hopes this small list helps!
    Last edited by El grano de oro; December 24th, 2011 at 02:00 AM.

It sounds like a great idea to have a thread on discontinued Tequilas. You might wanna try checking out tequilasdonrafael.com He has a very nice list of Vintage, Classic, and/or Rare bottles of Tequila. I like going there to check out some older bottles that I have picked up in the past. Salud

and don't forget about Welcome to PocoTequila.Com that was the site that really kicked in my Tequila OCD

Ditto what 45 said -- pocotequila.com is a great resource. This site is a good resource as well. Tequila Joe has alot of pictures and information up about his collection, which contains alot of discontinued bottles. If you have questions, I would post it here and on the Blue Agave Forum - those are pretty much the best resources for information on tequila.

Cali, I agree with you and 45....Pocotequila.com was also my website to go to when the Tequila bug first got me And Also Tequilajoescollection.com he has a great collection of Old Tequilas, and of course can't forget about the Blue Agave ForumI like visiting all of them very frequently Salud

Quote Originally Posted by El grano de oro View Post
    I think this is a good Idea that JPHAT 79 has about having a list of discontinued tequila bottles! and who better to start this list than us! I bet that with help from as many of you guys as possible, we can make a "bad ass" list!! this will be Information that we can all benefit from. I am still a rookie! but here goes my hummble list of three bottles, that from what I been
    told are discontinued bottles! If I am mistaken please correct me! I am still
    learning! 1) PORFIDIO ANEJO 2) EL JIMADOR ANEJO EDICION ESPECIAL
    3)EL CHARRO ANEJO Hopes this small list helps!
    is el charro disc? why would they disc anejo only?
    cheers!

Exclamation Discontinued tequilas

I couldn't beleive that El charro anejo was discontinued!!Till I went to Mission
    wine & spirit & tried to purchased 3 bottles they had them for$20 [that is cheap] they said some man came & bought all they had cause he got a heads up that they were going to discontinue it.I could be wrong! can somebody confirm this for me! every where I go they say they can not get it anymore!This is a good question for Mr. agave to look into & get us an answer! If you can find some bottles they want like $40 for them. This tequila is not that good to pay $40 I have two bottles that I paid $20 each.so I'll just save them!
    The same goes for El jimador anejo special edicion[metal plate] can't find them anymore I have two paid $20 a piece for them also.[if i would of known I would have stocked up on them & trade them or sell them!] If you see rare tequila at a reasonable price buy it!!
    Last edited by El grano de oro; January 30th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

MrAgave is offline Administrator

I hadn't heard anything about El Charro, best to call Martinez Brands and see what is going on.

Martinez Brands, Inc.
    Phone: *(626) 683 3123

As for Porfidio, I talk to Martin every couple of years. The last time we talked he told me that he was finally able to market Porfidio again as Tequila, and had won the battle. That was early 2011, and supposedly his new "Tequila" product is available in MX.

I haven't seen the EJ Edicion Especial for a few years. I thought it disappeared when EJ turned mixto, and didn't return once the brand came back to 100% Agave.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAgave View Post
    I hadn't heard anything about El Charro, best to call Martinez Brands and see what is going on.

Martinez Brands, Inc.
    Phone: *(626) 683 3123

As for Porfidio, I talk to Martin every couple of years. The last time we talked he told me that he was finally able to market Porfidio again as Tequila, and had won the battle. That was early 2011, and supposedly his new "Tequila" product is available in MX.

I haven't seen the EJ Edicion Especial for a few years. I thought it disappeared when EJ turned mixto, and didn't return once the brand came back to 100% Agave.
    Mr. A, a quick update on the El Charro. Martinez Brands is no longer distributing that label. It is now being distributed by White Rock (#207-783-1433). The new bottling is in fact on the shelves...all three offerings. Here in Fla. the blanco and repo are readily available however, the anejo seems to be very difficult to find.

Regarding Porfidio, I have always enjoyed that juice...particularly the old skool bottles. While the later "Beyond Tequila" batches weren't as of the same quality...IMHO they were still pretty good. The only drawback for me has always been the typically high price point and the fact that you wound up paying more for the fancy hand blown cactus bottles.

Regarding El Jimador Edicion Especial Anejo, I believe that you are correct on the production. Every once in a while you may see a older metal label bottle on a shelf, usually with row of the newer tall paper label bottles stacked behind it!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast