Dos Lunas
NOM
Distillation
Alcohol Volume
Tasting Awards
2008 Agave Spirits Challenge Silver Medal
2008 Agave Spirits Challenge Silver Medal

Dos Lunas Reposado Tequila

Dos Lunas Reposado Tequila - Following in the tradition of old world Tequila making, Dos Lunas Tequila Reposado is taken one step further and aged fully in large oak barrels creating the perfect blend of taste and aroma with that distinctively smooth Dos Lunas finish.

User reviews

5 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

88(5)
Initial Taste

89(5)
Body

88(5)
Finish

88(5)
Enjoyability

88(5)
Price

89(5)
Presentation

86(5)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

My last entry for the Dos Lunas line. It makes me kind of sad that this brand has been discontinued, but that's the breaks some times. Maybe that means that I can be holding a "treasure" bottle or two down the line.

Aroma: Sweet agave with a nice accent of caramel and a hint of chocolate.
Initial Taste: A very interesting entry. Very sweet with a hint of berries. Not a ton of agave flavor, but a very nice flavor overall.
Body: Medium body. Great flavors mixed together to create a sweet tequila, but a good overall experience. Those flavors include agave, oak, dark fruits and a good amount of chocolate. Very much a dessert tequila.
Finish: A medium length finish with lots of rich flavors and little to no burn. Not a ton of spice, but a really rich flavor with lots of wood and dark chocolate that stays with you well.

This is a very interesting tequila. It's hard to believe that the 3 representations come from the same line because they are all very different. If you can find this tequila on closeout, buy it. It's very good and it may be your last chance to get it.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Did a taste comparison with 10 other great reposados on 3/3/12. The aroma-nose is very nice with no alcohol vapors. initial taste is butter and caramel with nice full body and no woodyness.. the finish is what stood out for me. A long nice lingering agave sweetness that made me want more. The price compares with Camarena, Cazadores and Tenampa Azul but I would pick Dos Lunas to be the better one. This is a solid Reposado at a great price.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Nose: Very interesting, sweet aroma reminiscent of cake frosting. Almost chocolate-like.
Initial taste: Sweet with no bitterness. Almost tastes like you're drinking dessert.
Body: A tad thin, but good flavors of vanilla and agave. Wood notes are hard to detect, which is a bit disappointing.
Finish: The finish makes this tequila taste like a cupcake. And not like one your mom used to bake, but one you would buy from the supermarket. It almost tastes artificial. It's not bad, but it's not excellent. It's also too sweet for my taste.

Overall, I don't think it's worth the price, but I wouldn't mind having it again.
J
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Dos Lunas Reposado NOM 1124 Tasted on 7/25/08 at 9:00pm. I tried this tequila at the Grad Tequila Bar and tasted it in a snifter. With a yellow golden color, this tequila has intense floral aromas with moderate fruit accents. Other aromas include hints of vanilla, earth, and spice. The tequila has a thin to medium mouth feel and on the first sip is extremely sweet with no bitterness. Dos Lunas Reposado's intense flavors of fruit are followed by moderate notes of floral and agave. With a medium to long duration of flavor, tastes of mild earth, wood, and vanilla with hints of spice bring this tequila to a slightly numbing finish. Dos Lunas Reposado has received the rating of 83 points out of 100.
TJ
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Aside from the shampoo bottle packaging, Dos Lunas is a heavily aged reposado. It is definately geared towards the scotch and bourbon drinking tequila afficionados with its aging in used American Oak barrels.
F