Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tequila Concerns - Freezing

Freezing is for whimps! You may as well make tequila frozen pops! Just kidding guys.
    (But tequila frozen pops doesn't sound like such a bad idea)

That is very strange though, there might be some fishy stuff going on at the distilleries...

But then again I've been to areas of these particular distilleries that I've wished I had never seen, because they completely ruined these brands for me...
    Quien quiere un tequilaso....

Default Freezing problem

I've had a problem also with the freezing of Tequila. I bought the brand Tequila Avion (80 proof) that was featured in the television series Entourage and it froze overnight in my microfridge (which has a small freezer).

Now I've never had any liquor frozen before which in the past usually have been of lesser alcohol content than Tequila like Vodka and Rum.

Anyone know how this might have happened?
    And...does anyone know if after Tequila freezes and it melts, is the flavor affected?

MrAgave is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Avion317 View Post
    I've had a problem also with the freezing of Tequila. I bought the brand Tequila Avion (80 proof) that was featured in the television series Entourage and it froze overnight in my microfridge (which has a small freezer).
    What is the temp of your freezer?

Now I've never had any liquor frozen before which in the past usually have been of lesser alcohol content than Tequila like Vodka and Rum.
    Most all liquors are 80 proof, including vodka and rum, just like tequila. Tequila has no more alcohol than any other liquors, unless you buy a high-proof bottle specifically.

Anyone know how this might have happened?
    And...does anyone know if after Tequila freezes and it melts, is the flavor affected?
    Good to hear, this (and thanks for bringing this thread up). I have some Rancho Alegre (NOM 1416, which is made by the same people who do, or did do Avion) that I put in the freezer and froze as well. I don't think that it is an alcohol percentage issue (but will check with my hydrometer later today if I can). The really weird thing is that there are times when its not frozen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)