Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category
Facebook Page
Twitter Page
Certified Organic
Yes
Tasting Awards
2012 TEQUILA.net Awards - "Best of the Best" Best Organic Tequila 2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - "Best of the Best" Best Lowland Reposado Tequila
2012 TEQUILA.net Awards - Best of the Best 2011 TEQUILA.net Awards - Best of the Best

Republic Tequila Reposado

Republic Tequila Reposado is 100% Blue Agave, rests in Organic certified Jack Daniels barrels for 8 months, and is proudly produced at Agave Conquista, a eco-friendly, gravity fed distillery in the town of Tequila, Jalisco. Republic Tequila is handcrafted from Organic, estate grown blue agave from the Autlan region. Republic Tequila ferments via an all-natural strain or Organic yeast from the Agave, in a closed aerobic process that takes 6-10 days.

The wonderful purity of this organic Reposado makes it perfect for enjoying straight or in a premium cocktail.

Republic Tequila is available in 2 bottle styles, a standard bottle and a unique Texas shaped bottle which pays tribute to the great state of Texas.

Republic Tequila changed distilleries in late 2012 from Tequilera la Quemada to Agave Conquista.

Photos by Tequila.net - 360 degree video below

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Republic Reposado (Lonestar) * Tasted June 2010 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: light straw - medium tears
Aroma: sweet agave, hints of oak, caramel and butterscotch
Initial Taste: buttery agave
Spirit Body: musty agave, oak, caramel and citrus
Finish / Aftertaste: long finish with butter and mint

A top organic Tequila at a great price!
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

91(2)
Initial Taste

90(2)
Body

91(2)
Finish

91(2)
Enjoyability

90(2)
Price

86(2)
Presentation

91(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Excellent Tequila!
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted 1/19/12 from Riedel glass.

Medium yellow color. Swirled glass produced small pearls with slow legs. A lot of agave in the nose, with a musty, earthy undertone which made me think of the smell of a penicillin bottle. Middle of glass yielded notes of vanilla and honey, quite pleasant. Thinnish mouth feel, and the initial taste was a bit astringent. That quickly faded to a spicy mix of agave and white pepper. The pepper stayed through the finish, which had a small bit of alcohol contributing to the throat burn, while some sweetness and vanilla lingered on the top-aft portion of my mouth.

On a side note, I remembered the Republic blanco as being on the sweet side and this repo didn't really seem to follow, so I retasted the blanco. Not nearly as sweet as I recalled, and I could easily see how this repo was produced from the same juice. Also, this wasn't the Texas-shaped bottle so my presentation score reflects the tall bottle which to me still looks quite nice.