Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Tequila To Shoot?

Default Best Tequila To Shoot?

Silver? Reposado? Anejo?
    Brand?
    Cost?
    Taste/Smoothness/Finish?

Only slightly tongue in cheek - the best tequila to shoot is the cheapest nastiest one you can find. When you recover from that ordeal, try sipping a nice moderately priced tequila and appreciate the difference.

Robert

gsars1 is offline Agave Aficionados

Quote Originally Posted by RJC5XTC View Post
    Only slightly tongue in cheek - the best tequila to shoot is the cheapest nastiest one you can find. When you recover from that ordeal, try sipping a nice moderately priced tequila and appreciate the difference.

Robert

Couldn't have said it better myself. Lol
    Life is too short to drink bad tequila!!!

Life's too short to shoot. I don't shoot anything anymore. Who wants the hangover (or worse) from shooting cheap tequila?

Quote Originally Posted by THEjay View Post
    Silver? Reposado? Anejo?
    Brand?
    Cost?
    Taste/Smoothness/Finish?
    All I can say to that, THEjay, is........ READ MY AVATAR below!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by totallytequila View Post
    All I can say to that, THEjay, is........ READ MY AVATAR below!
    Pardon me but I meant to say "Read my signature" below!
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim

Just always use anything 100% de Agave. It costs a bit more but it doesn't have to be expensive.

I don't wanna jump on you theJAY...but you are in an area full of passionate tequila drinkers. Most of us do not shoot tequila regularly but I do on occasion...usually in the "party" atmosphere. I "shoot" a bit differently so I can still enjoy the agave spirit. Try 1-1.5oz and if you want to take it all down, let it sit a few seconds in the mouth and also try to note the aroma, initial taste, body and finish during the process. You can easily look like you are tossing down a shot but in reality you are appreciating a nice gulp ...I am quite a bit younger than most on here and my friends do not appreciate tequila the way I do, but I make it work if the atmosphere causes this.

Any good sipping tequila will go nice as a shot, but its not the route you should take on the higher end brands. Some brands cost quite a bit less than others though...try to stay on a budget and find 100% agave. Brands I'd consider would be Milagro, Don Julio, Sauza Hornitos and Tres Generaciones, Herradura, Agavales, Hacienda De Chihuahua Sotol....
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

No prob, I'm a youngster myself at 24, and I just recently turned into a tequila enthusiast and began TASTING tequila and actually sampled some higher end agaves already. The reason I asked this is for my friends who do not appreciate tequila the way i want to. When I have them over I would like to have a cheaper tequila available for them to shoot so they don't get into my good stuff! All they like to do is shoot Patron, but at $50+ a bottle its still a little high for shooting. And I admit for a few years I was right there with them and letting them hold me back but I'm leaving them in the dust!

Tenampa Azul (aka Azul) from Casa de Centennario, $20/ bottle, or Tradicional by Cuervo, about $25/ bottle. Both 100% agave reposados which make a good margarita or a fast shot.

Quote Originally Posted by THEjay View Post
    No prob, I'm a youngster myself at 24, and I just recently turned into a tequila enthusiast and began TASTING tequila and actually sampled some higher end agaves already. The reason I asked this is for my friends who do not appreciate tequila the way i want to. When I have them over I would like to have a cheaper tequila available for them to shoot so they don't get into my good stuff! All they like to do is shoot Patron, but at $50+ a bottle its still a little high for shooting. And I admit for a few years I was right there with them and letting them hold me back but I'm leaving them in the dust!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast