Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for upcoming order.

Default Suggestions for upcoming order.

I was planning on buying a bottle of El Gran Jubileo Anejo and Clas Azul Repo. I asked the site if they carried anything not on their site.

The suggested Don Fulano and Tonala. Are either of these better bets than the ones mentioned above?

I am pretty positive i am going with Clas Azul, and I read good things, about El Gran Jubileo, but curious if anyone has tasted it.

Thanks

Is price an issue? Also you didn't mention what type of tequila the DF and Tonala were. I have the El Gran Jubileo and it is on the sweeter side and very good. You may not want to have ordered two tequilas that are fairly close. I would go with the CA and the DF. These are all top choices and you can't go wrong with any of them.

I've never had Don Fulano or El Gran Jubileo but I've been wanting to try the 5 year Gran Jubileo. I personally disliked the Tonala 4 Year, it was nothing close to enjoyable for me...the Clase Azul Reposado is a tad on the sweet side but very enjoyable and a beautiful bottle, I'd put it in my top 5-7 reposados . Don Fulano is supposed to be great but seems a bit pricey. My choices would be Clase Azul Reposado and The Gran Jubileo 5 Year Anejo...
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

Well as far as the Don Fulano goes, they have both the 3 year and 5 year anejo. Price is somewhat an issue. With the Clas Azul being 90, i would prefer not to buy a bottle at 100 plus at the same time, if I could help it. El Gran Jubileo is 65, DF 3 yr is 89 and 5 yr is 109.

Quote Originally Posted by bn087 View Post
    I've never had Don Fulano or El Gran Jubileo but I've been wanting to try the 5 year Gran Jubileo. I personally disliked the Tonala 4 Year, it was nothing close to enjoyable for me...the Clase Azul Reposado is a tad on the sweet side but very enjoyable and a beautiful bottle, I'd put it in my top 5-7 reposados . Don Fulano is supposed to be great but seems a bit pricey. My choices would be Clase Azul Reposado and The Gran Jubileo 5 Year Anejo...

BN, what would your top 3 repos be?

rrehkemper is offline Agave Aficionados

I'd go with the Clase Azul and the Tonala. As for the Don Fulano, I actually prefered the 3 year over the 5 year even without figuring in the extra $$$. And I've always enjoyed the Tonala Supreme, wish I could get it here. MTC

Might be making my first trip out to the islands this November.

Is the Tonala Supreme the 4 year referenced earlier?

I would agree then with bn087 and go with the CA and the El Gran. There is a regular Tonala and the 4 yr is called Supreme or Reserva Suprema. I very much enjoy both although the later is a bit too much like bourbon. As you can see everyone would have a different top two based on likes and cost. It's kinda like asking would you prefer the tall brunette or the shorter blonde? You can't go wrong choosing between a great line up.

Quote Originally Posted by drudnick View Post
    BN, what would your top 3 repos be?
    Don Valente
    Casa Noble
    Rey De Copas

But it will varry from time to time based on my mood...I also enjoy 1921, Oro Azul, Chinaco and Partida. El Tesoro is alright but I find the repo the least appealing of the lineup. I enjoy HDC Repo as well...yum .

The Tonala Suprema Reserva is aged in Sherry for 4 Years. It tasted much like a bourbon to me and although it was smooth, it lacked anything I look for in an anejo. But everyone will have different opinons. Out of your choices...everything is at least decent-great and it would be hard to go wrong with any of them since they are all new to your pallate.
    Tequila Don Valente....ask for it.

Appreciate the feedback...

I know everyone sort of has different tastes, but when your shelling out the extra shipping on top of the bottles, it's nice to hear others opinions.

I will get to the Don Valente, I just need to find a place that ships it, that has other stuff I am looking to order at the same time. This place i am looking at was referred to me by the distributor of the el gran jubileo and is a little closer than some of the places i have seen posted on here, so shipping of 2 bottles is like 17 bucks. I can live with that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast