Brand
Capaz
NOM
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila Capaz Anejo

Tequila Capaz Anejo is 100% Agave, produced from hand selected Blue Weber Agave, double distilled, and aged in American white oak for 24 months. Capaz Tequila is one of several Tequilas available from Compañia Destiladora de Xamay, a state-of-the-art facility located in Jamay, Jalisco, Mexico.

Photos by Tequila.net

Editor review

1 review
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Capaz Anejo * Tasted Blind July 2009 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: light amber with golden hues - medium body and tears
Aroma: sweet agave, vanilla and wet leather
Initial Taste: agave nectar, light oak and hint of roasted nuts
Spirit Body: citrus / wood
Finish / Aftertaste: sweetened nutty-mint finish / aftertaste

Capaz Anejo is a simple one liter bottle, but contains an earthy and aged, enjoyable Anejo which is excellent for the price.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

89(2)
Initial Taste

90(2)
Body

89(2)
Finish

88(2)
Enjoyability

89(2)
Price

92(2)
Presentation

83(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I had no idea what to expect from this tequila. I wasn't familiar with the brand or the distillery. The bottle screams well tequila and the price is pretty low. But the only way to find out for sure is to open it up and try it...

Aroma: A nice pleasant scent of agave, oak, fruit and spices.
Initial Taste:
Body: Definitely bourbon barrel aged. The big oak and spice flavor really comes through in the body of this tequila. It's medium-thin for an anejo, but that doesn't take away from the complexity.
Finish: All of the flavors mix together nicely. There's a fruity agave flavors, a nice spice mix and a hint of anise.

This is a nice rich anejo, but not the big vanilla flavor that a lot of them have. A lot of complexity with agave, oak, fruit and pepper & spices. This is the kind of thing I could drink all day. There's a bourbon flavor in there that I can't put my finger on as well. For $30, it's a great buy. Despite the cheap presentation, it's something that you should definitely check out.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a caballito glass. A decent anejo, just not too complex. Yet, I love the aromas of a decent anejo. Very good price for a 750 ml bottle. I'm not rushing out to get it, but it's not bad and if I saw it at a party or a bar, Id sip on it.

Aroma: Nice aroma of cinnamon and spice.
Initial taste: An oily moth feel with a smooth entry no burn. Initial taste of cinnamon.
Body: Nice aged agave body. Compliments of vanilla, and berry.
Finish: A semi unheated finish. With a lingering of slight vanilla.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0