Mejor Tequila Blanco

Hot
T October 20, 2008

95 (2)
27270 0 1 0 11
Mejor Tequila Blanco

Mejor Blanco Tequila

Mejor's Blanco, with its naturally smooth taste is perfect for sipping, shots or mixing with traditional fruit blends. Additionally, in contrast to other blanco / silver Tequilas, Mejor's Blanco expresses a complex character that can be appreciated when sipped neat.

Mejor's tequilas are micro-batch produced at the exclusive direction of Mejor's Master Distiller, Engr. Marco Cedano, who was the Sr. Directing Distiller for Don Julio. All our products are 100% Blue Agave, and the agave is hand selected from our estate, located in los Altos de Jalisco (between Arandas and Atotonilco el alto).

Editor review

1 review
(Updated: December 28, 2008)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tequila Mejor Blanco * Tasted 12-26-08 * Riedel Tequila Glass

Appearance: clear - medium body and tears
Aroma: banana, honey, mild agave, clean and sweet
Initial Taste: sweet agave and citrus
Spirit Body: warm with mild fruit, hints of butter and pepper
Finish / Aftertaste: warm mouthfeel, short citrus and mint aftertaste

Great tasting blanco in a luxurious yet simple and modern glass display!
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 5 0

User reviews

2 reviews
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

96(2)
Initial Taste

96(2)
Body

94(2)
Finish

96(2)
Enjoyability

96(2)
Price

93(2)
Presentation

94(2)
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Wow, this blanco has to be one the most well made blanco tequilas I have tasted in a very long time. It reminds me of a Don Julio but with almost no heat and more sweet agave flavor. The texture was super smooth and it felt almost buttery. The aroma was very inviting with almost no fume- reminded me of the smell of cooked agave after it comes out of the autoclave at the factories in Tequila! The initial taste was almost like water and had 0 burn. Mid-pallet I picked up quite a bit of mint and citrus. The blanco seemed to roll over the tounge with no residue whatsoever and no tinge. I agree with Pina's comments as well, it did have a slight creamy finish. My overall impression was that it felt clean through and through. Very well done!
A
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a snifter. Clear in color, Mejor Tequila blanco stands out to me in the 'ultra/modern ' tequila market. Their website is very informative, something I appreciate when I, tying to research as to why something is 'ultra' or costs more. Definitely a blanco I would sip and never mix. I'm looking forward to the rest of the line.

Aroma: I nice grassy nose, with a hint of green olive and slight citrus (grapefruit).
Initial Taste: A thin mouth feel with no bitterness upon a silky entry. Initial taste was citrus (grapefruit).
Body: A great, body full of highlands agave, grass, citrus, and an ever so slight creamy taste. Unique!
Finish: A nicely heated finish of medium duration with a grassy, citrus, agave lingering.

Quite simply, IMHO a great blanco!
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 3 1