Thread: Minero is crack!

Default Minero is crack!

My bottle of Del Maguey Minero arrived today, and try as I might, I couldn't put off opening it 'til the weekend.
    This stuff is so good it ain't funny. It's better than crack. Cheaper, too.
    Look for a proper review soon.

Vida is amazing too. Have you tried it?

I haven't tried that one yet. Next on my list is Santo Domingo Albarradas. I hope I spelled that correctly.

Default Minero

Last week I was in an area far north of where I live and I stopped in a liquor store that I hadn't been to in quite a few years. I can remember them having a pretty extensive tequila selection. After a few minutes of searching through the shelves I noticed 2 bottles each of Del Maguey Minero and San Luis Del Rio, all priced at $49.99. My only other experience with anything from Del Maguey is their Chichicapa, which to this day still remains my #1 favorite mezcal. The amazing part is the dates on the bottles of the Minero were from
    '96 and the dates for the Del Rio were from '95. These bottles obviously have been sitting on their shelves for quite awhile! I purchased a bottle of the Minero and all I can say is WOW!!! I am really enjoying the intense floral notes of this spirit. The mouthfeel is almost 'honey-like' with a super smooth fruit finish and just the perfect amount of smoke! This mezcal is very different from the intense earth and smokiness of Chichicapa. I noticed that Del Maguey describes the part of the distillation process as such "The most unique facet of this pueblo, that gives the fruitiness to Minero is that the still is made of clay with bamboo tubing, rather than the usual copper stills and tubing." After sampling this fantastic mezcal, I can see how this process could seperate it from the others that I have sampled up until this point.
    Anyway I am planning a trip back there within the next week or two and I plan on picking up the San Luis Del Rio as well. Review to follow.....
    Sip & Savor... please don't shoot!

Salud, Jim