Oven Type
Extraction Method
Distillation Method
Distillation
Barrel - Cask
Alcohol Volume
Price Category

Tequila Leyenda del Milagro Select Barrel Reserve Reposado

Milagro Select Barrel Reserve Reposado Tequila is made from 100% estate grown blue agave harvested from the highlands of Jalisco that are hand-picked and hand-selected for quality based on the highest criteria. The heart of the blue agave is roasted in clay ovens made from the same volcanic rich soil where the blue agave flourishes in Jalisco, Mexico. Our triple distillation process produces tequila of extraordinary depth and character for unparalleled smoothness. Milagro Select Barrel Reserve Reposado is aged 10 months in new French single oak barrels and comes in a unique hand-blown crystal bottle.

User reviews

9 reviews

56%

44%
50-70 stars

0%
30-50 stars

0%
1-30 stars

0%
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

79(9)
Initial Taste

90(9)
Body

90(9)
Finish

89(9)
Enjoyability

91(9)
Price

88(9)
Presentation

97(9)
View all user reviews View most helpful
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

A nose of agave, grass, earth...and French oak. I'm afraid triple distillation has taken away some character. The taste is sweet cooked agave and French oak with some bitterness, and there is a bit of caramel and light spice. Fairly thin and dry body without a lot to offer. A quick and somewhat non-existent finish. There is not much of a lingering at all, except for maybe a tinge of vegetal flavor.

Nothing really offensive here, but just not a lot going on, and not consistent throughout. There's a big hurt on price; this sells at a serious premium that simply can't be substantiated except for the bottle itself. Speaking of the bottle, it is beautiful to be sure - exquisite heavy glass with an intricate interior agave form. It also comes in a nice box. Too bad the juice inside doesn't match the presentation outside.
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 0 0
Refreshing
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I bought this one on a whim and I heard it went down smoothly. The initial aroma was pleasant with vanilla standing out but a little light. There was a little pepper in the first sip, but not near as strong as most Don Julio selections. The finish was good but a little on the thin side. For a reposado, it was a good price at $45 but I usually prefer a extra anejo with no bite during the finish. Would I recommend this one ? Yes, to expand your experiences and the bottle will make a cool display.
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This was one of the first "premium" tequilas that I ever had and it's still a go-to tequila for me as a gift (because you can get it for $42 at Hi Time) and as a consistent sipper.

Aroma: The smell out of the bottle isn't as good as if you let it breathe a bit. I suppose the long, thin neck design may contribute to that.
Initial taste: Very basic. A bit of sweetness with a good strong agave flavor and wood.
Body: A little thinner than most reposados, but pleasant.
Finish: A bit of burn at the end, but a nice finish.

Milagro SBR bottles are some of the best on the market. The Hi Time price of $42 makes it worth it, but the fact that I know it is $60ish most other places makes it not a great value in comparison.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 2 0
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Bought 1/15/10 paid ~$70 at costco, came in a gift pack of the three (anejo, Repo, blanco) barrel select tequilas in .375 ml. The bottle and overall display group is impressive and would be a great gift. Tasted the Anejo and Reposado back to back in a 6 oz. shot glass. The repo's color is light straw, no legs or tears just instant gathering on the glass. The repo has a smooth nose light agave/alcohol, very clean. Initial taste is smooth agave with a bit of a alcohol tinge the body is typical of an Repo, thiner than what I'm accustomed too but overall presence is good. Has a nice heated finish that lingers a bit, overall smooth and balanced, but without the more complex personality of it's older anejo brother. Awarded 89 for the tequila
Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I sipped this out of a tall crystal shot glass, at an over crowded birthday party. The initial nose was slightly gross. It burnt my nose and created extreme heat that wet all the way down my wind pipe. The taste was peppery with an extra dose of more pepper. After resting it in my mouth, I noticed the flavor did not change, it remained peppery. The body was sloppy and did not hold my interest.
The glass bottle was nice, but I am not into saving and displaying empty liquor bottles. The bottle presentation does not make up for what is lacking inside, the pretty container.
This is a novelty tequila; one that does not taste very good.
It might be great for people who like margaritas...
Report this review Comments (0) | Was this review helpful? 1 0
View all user reviews