Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone try Bacanora?

Default Re: Anyone try Bacanora?

I HAVE!!!! PRETTY GOOD STUFF. BUT THE GOOD STUFF HAS TO COME FROM THE SIERRA. DO NOT BUY THE COMMERCIAL SPRIRITS THAT YOU BUY ON LINE OR IN STORES. THAT IS WHAT WE SONORANS CALL "BAUTIZADOS". THEY ARE WATERED DOWN. YOU HAVE TO KNOW SOMEBODY IN THE SIERRAS OR KNOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS SOMEBODY.... IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. GOOD BACANORA IS USUALLY DISTILLED LOCALLY BY FAMILIES. WHEN YOU DRINK IT, IT GOES DOWN MUCH MORE SMOOTHLY THAN TEQUILA, LEAVING YOU WITH A NICE WARM FEELING INSIDE. DON'T BEE FOOLED BY THIS. YOU MUST NOT DRINK TOO MUCH TOO FAST. LITTLE SIPS AT A TIME. IF YOU DRINK A SHOT OF IT TOO FAST, IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES YOU WILL BE REALLY DRUNK. BOTH MY BROTHER AND I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE. INDIANS USED TO LIKE THIS DRINK A LOT IN THE PAST, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DESTILLED IT WITH PEYOTE. A LOT OF FAMILIES USED TO MAKE BACANORA IN THE PAST ALSO, BUT THE GOVERNMENT NOW ONLY ALLOWS COMPANIES THAT HAVE BEEN REGISTERED WITH THEM. THERE ARE SOME FAMILIES THAT WANT TO REGISTER, BUT YOU NEED LOTS OF MONEY FOR THAT. LARGE COMPANIES DON'T FOLLOW THE RIGHT PROCESSES FOR DESTLLING GOOD BACANORA.

Default Re: Anyone try Bacanora?

Hi All Agave Fans,

I'm new here.... but just to touch on this.... I have had bacanora..... and I don't know where the shot that I had came from.... as it came back to the states in a "different" container.... BUT.... this tasted like gasoline...... lol. not my cup of tea. I would prefer then to try something that is properly distilled and tastes like it should to determine if it is something I care for.

Anne Marie

Well I had bacanora today. My uncle always brings at least 2 liters with him when he and his wife visit family in Sahuaripa, Sonora. Hes always talked about how good and how pure it is and I always thought, " whatever, its just Mexican moonshine" the stuff he brings Is the non commercial stuff made by local families. This is one of the best, if not the best, liquor I've ever had. The best tequila I've had has got nothing on real bacanora. If you ever go to Sonora, try to get some of the real stuff. This really is an amazing drink. It really goes down silky smooth. It has a much better flavor than any tequila IMO and really does leave you with a nice, smooth, warm feeling. This is truly slow sipping stuff. Of course it's strong like any hard liquor, but I think the reason you need to be careful is that its so smooth and delicious, its easy to drink too fast. The world should know about bacanora, at least about the stuff that's made right. I've never tried the stuff that's imported. Go try it!

Thumbs up The rea Bacanora

Yes I have, and let me tell you, this is good stuff, however is not for everybody, the flavor of Bacanora is fresh, if you pay atention to the flavor you can even taste the plant, the best Bacanora I ever had was a 15 year old reserve kept underground for all those years,(that's how they do it) it was sweet and smooth, originaly Bacanora is clear color but after all this years it got gold, good stuff, Bacanora is usually expensive because its hard to get and is made by locals in home made distillers, there is also the industrial Bacanora made by big companys, this stuff is not even close to the real thing, if you go down to Sonora Mex , take some time and go to the pueblos around the Sierra, like Sahuaripa, san Pedro De la Cueva, Batuc, Nacori, and many others, some people even use Bacanora to treat some healt issues, I like to have a shot of it everiday ( when I have some) after my dinner, I have never try to mix it, so I don't know if it wil taste good in the mix , if you know anyone from sonora or ever have a chanse to go there make sure to get some, you'll be glad you did

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 4th, 2009, 04:45 AM