Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Partida Elegante Extra Anejo NOM 1454 Tasted on 4/3/08 at 3:20pm. Partida Elegante was donated to me be Partida but it typically sells for over $300. I tasted this tequila in my home and used a Riedel glass for tasting. Partida Elegante ages their extra anejo for at least 36 months which causes it to be a dark amber brown color. Intense aromas of this tequila include caramel and floral notes that are followed by moderate notes of fruit. In addition, mild aromas include vanilla and spice. In the mouth, the extra anejo is medium to heavy. While the tequila is semisweet, there is only the slightest hint of bitterness. When examining the flavors of Partida Elegante, first impressions include intense floral accents. On a second sip, I noticed moderate flavors of agave, vanilla, and caramel. When searching for deeper flavors upon tasting the tequila, one can taste mild notes of wood and earth. This tequila has a long duration of flavor and has a nice subtle numbing alcohol intensity. I awarded Partida Elegante Extra Anejo the rating of 91/92 points out of 100.
TJ
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments