Review Detail

Alquimia Tequila Extra Anejo
Extra Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     October 17, 2011    
For an extra anejo, surprising light in color and nose. Aromas of fruit and spice, but not very intense. There is also a slight oak presence. Taste is sweet with orange and apple, slight numbing on the tongue. The body is medium - very uncharacteristic of an extra anejo. A quick finish with heat in the top and back. There is a pleasant aftertaste, but it is lacking in general.

This was enjoyable overall, but I must say I was expecting more from a premium extra anejo. For the super premium price, again I was expecting more from a supposed super premium tequila. A very nice bottle and box presentation.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by jdjohn84 June 19, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (67)

For an extra anejo, surprising light in color and nose. Aromas of fruit and spice, but not very intense. There is also a slight oak presence. Taste is sweet with orange and apple, slight numbing on the tongue. The body is medium - very uncharacteristic of an extra anejo. A quick finish with heat in the top and back. There is a pleasant aftertaste, but it is lacking in general.

This was enjoyable overall, but I must say I was expecting more from a premium extra anejo. For the super premium price, again I was expecting more from a supposed super premium tequila. A very nice bottle and box presentation.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account