Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is my first taste of the 3 year extra anejo. I've always found the brand to be a relative bargain, but this is a real jump in price from the $40s to the $80-100 range. I've been waiting a while to try it, so I hope it's a good as the rest of the line.

Price: $80-100/bottle

Aroma: Earthy agave, green notes, wood and a bit of alcohol on the nose.

Initial Taste: A spice filled entry with nutmeg and clove. Hints of agave and vanilla as well with the aforementioned green notes. Very complex, but well rounded.

Body: A bit thin for an aged tequila. Light vanilla & agave, lots of spice and hints of wood.

Finish: A medium-short, but very nice finish. Lots of brown spices and sweetness to go with just enough oak to make it not overly sweet.

This was not the usual taste from Centinela. Generally, they are bit more filled with fruit. This is an interesting tequila because even though it’s less sweet than a lot of aged tequilas, it has a nice spice balance that keeps you guessing. Was this tequila good...yes. Was this tequila worth paying nearly $100 for...nope. It's a pretty solid 3 year aged juice, but when you're playing in the Ben Franklin ballpark, you need to be better than pretty solid. Definitely worth a taste, probably not worth the price.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments