Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I recently returned from a trip to Jalisco in search of certain tequilas I had not had the opportunity to purchase. My main goal was Rey Sol; for three reasons: (1) I had tried it at Bibliotheca de Tequila in New York and liked it, (2) the bottle was designed by Sergio Bustamante, a Mexican artist my girlfriend admires, and (3) I had been trying to find a bottle to purchase for years. Finally, after visiting Tequila, Arandas, and Jesus Maria - I found one bottle in Atotonilco el Alto. It was only $154.00 US so I jumped at the chance. A six year old tequila is a rare thing and this tequila has a rare flavor. It is dark and thick and sweet and rich. The nose is seductive (for me at least) because there is almost no alcohol odor. I don't know what the sugar content is - but it must be 37-40. I will sip this tequila for several years - probably at the rate of two small glasses each year - on my birthday and New Year's Eve. If you can find this one - don't pass up the chance. It is a great tequila from Acatic in Los Altos.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments