Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

In June, 2008, my girlfriend (Linda) and I traveled to Guadalajara specifically to visit tequila distilleries. We spent two days in the Los Altos region. Our most interesting experience was visiting the El Tesoro distillery called "La Altena". We also stopped by the bottling plant and distribution facility in downtown Arandas where we purchased our first bottle of El Tesoro Aniversario Tequila. Now that we have finished that bottle and moved on to our second bottle (obtained domestically, unfortunately) I feel it is time to review this outstanding tequila. Put succinctly, Aniversario is extraordinarily distinctive in its taste. Mellow, smooth, sweet, light in color (even after being aged for 7 years), and unique. I can't imagine any other tequila will ever taste like this. Linda and I both were amazed, but to prove this to yourself I suggest a flight. Try Aniversario, Don Julio 1942, and Gran Corralejo Anejo since these 3 tequilas have similar characteristics. I love them all but the Aniversario is easily distinguised from the other two. On the down side, the bottle is average, but who needs a work of art when the tequila is the work of art.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments