Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Centinela Tres Anos 100% De Agave Anejo Tequila - NOM 1140. Importer: Haas Brothers. I believe my bottle is the newest presentation of this tequila. I purchased it from Hi-Times online for $69.99 per 750 ml. Sampled from a Riedel glass on 3/5/09. The first thing that struck me about this tequila was that its appearance is such a pale yellow shade for an anejo. The lighter shade though in this case doesn't mean much since this is not a weak tequila in any way. Uniform beautiful tears slowly descended the glass leaving many pearls. First nose has alluring aromas of medium floral and fruit sweetness with a slight smell of beer or bread but very little wood. The taste is full involving a complex creamy agave base with layers of sweetness from mild caramel, vanilla, and butter. It has a surprisingly bold smoky sweet attack that's sharp and warm yet still silky. There is also a moderate amount of bitterness. The finish is a long numbing peppery heat with a bold fade of agave bite and again bitterness. Overall experience is that of a unique anejo that has pleasantly strong aromas, intense flavors and a big finish. Presentation is fairly nice with a screw off special pour top, bold bottle, and embossed labels. This smooth anejo is definitely one of my new favorites. I do not believe it quite reaches its quality/price point, but by all means, give it a try.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments