Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Vida Tequila Blanco NOM 1460.Tasted in a Riedel glass on 11/15/07. This tequila has a very pleasant full agave aroma with a slightly sweet herbaceous quality and maybe just a hint of cinnamon. It has fair alcohol nose burn and a bright, clear look. First taste was stronger than I expected with medium body and a nice mouth feel. Mildly sweet and smooth with moderate heat, it has a complex sustained agave/alcohol presence that is consistent throughout the tasting, following through to the finish. With zero wood, vanilla, or fruit, I noticed very little in the way of flavors or aromas to detract from the straightforward agave. Clean and unmanipulated, very much what I like in a blanco. I thought this tequila would be milder, but for me it had a much stronger than expected profile. While nicely presented by means of an elegant and sophisticated un-glossy white outer box introduction, it holds more of the same inside. Nice medallion hang tag, simple labeling with foil stamped logo, and a hand crafted no nonsense bottle all thoroughly compliment. Even without all the imagery, I would still consider this to be a top notch competitor among better blancos. A good effort that is worthy of your consideration.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments