Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

It's been a while since I've last written. For that I apologize. I've been trying not to open more bottles because my current open bottle count got over 350 and that just seemed like too much. But tonight I'm happy to open and try something new. Tonight, it's a blanco from one of my favorite distilleries (NOM 1146) in Purasangre Blanco.

Price: $35-40/bottle

Aroma: A complex, but balanced nose. A buttery agave smell with hints of mint and vegetal notes along with a nice pepper aspect as well.

Initial Taste: It starts out with a very sweet and candied beginning, but moves a bit more to the spicy/peppery side.

Body: A nice oily body. The vegetal notes come forward a bit more. Green peppers stand out with the still present sweetness and pepper.

Finish: A very nice linger on this one. The combo of spicy black pepper is strong and the sweet agave fades away slowly.

This is an all around wonderful blanco. From nose to mouthfeel to flavor to finish, this is exactly what a blanco should bring to the table. Very nice effort from Purasangre!
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments