Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Olmeca Altos from NOM 1111(Pernod Ricard México, S.A. de C.V.) is a rarity in the tequila world. It's a tahona tequila (blended) at a value price. They had a premium 100% tahona brand in Tezon, but that has since stopped production and they are focusing on Olmeca Altos. For $25 or less, this is one of those easy decisions when you know the history and see it on the shelf. Let's hope the taste doesn't make me look dumb(er).

Price: $25/bottle

Aroma: It's odd to say that something smells like a texture, but this one smells oily. It could be from the fact that I know what this smell often means on the palate. It's got a big agave aroma...really nice with a hint of earth.

Initial Taste: A sweet agave entry. A very basic flavor with hints of earth and white pepper, but it's very pure tasting.

Body: Medium bodied. Not quite as oily and creamy as the nose told me it might be, but still a good mouth feel and a really solid flavor.

Finish: A light sweetness and peppery linger last for about an average amount of time. A "B" grade finish.

This is a pretty darn good tequila. Couple with it that it is only $25, it's a great buy. You get some tahona elements and a really pure agave flavor for a bargain price. If you haven't had it and it's available, I highly recommend picking one up.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments