Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Typical nose of a bargain brand with a slight banana aroma in my opinion, but no chemical or acetone as is sometimes the case with bargain brands. A pleasant entry of fruit, sweetness, and a touch of spice; rather basic with very little complexity, but better to be simple than manipulative. A nice viscosity of medium weight that becomes sweeter after a few seconds; this is getting better. A quick flash on the finish with only a slight heat; this is a smooth tequila from start to finish, and sweetness prevails throughout.

I have to admit I started with low expectations on this, but in the end I was pleasantly surprised. Although not stellar or top notch, it did not disappoint. My bottle was $29.99, which is a little steep, but I already had the repo and wanted to try the blanco, so I was willing to pay for it. I think mid-to-low 20s is probably the right price point. A very practical and functional bottle with a solid screw top. It has simple unpretensive labeling. Of course the name is slightly humorous to us gringos thinking of a Mexican appetizer of chips and melted cheese, so there is a temptation to not take this brand seriously, but that would be a mistake. It provides a nice sipping experience.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments