Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Slightly floral, slightly citrus, slightly wet grass...almost a tangy aspect minty citrus flavor with a hint of earth in the nose. Initial taste is tart with only minimal sweetness. Medium body with a noticeable, but not necessarily oily, coating. A quick, yet balanced finish of heat with a slight lingering of the mint and citrus; it dissipates quickly, however, except for a faint aftertaste and tingling on the lips.

This was fairly well-balanced throughout, but nothing exceptional or remarkable in any particular aspect. This is strictly a mixer for me, but very worthy in that respect. I've seen it for under $20, and that is a great price for it; but I've also seen it around $30, which is really pushing the limit IMO; I think mid-to-lower 20s is about right for this blanco. Nothing fancy with the bottle, but a nice screw-on top and wooden cap. Clearly not a lot of thought went into the label design with the big 'Z' and not much else on a clear sticker. The bottle shape is familiar...hmmm...maybe a taller and slimmer version of Casa Noble?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments