Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Another treasure bottle tequila review today. This one is the 2001 bottled Herradura Tequila Blanco (92 proof). People always talk about how "good things used to be." To an extent with drinks, I think that's often because people want to believe it's true because they can no longer get it...and that makes it special. But sometimes, it does hold true. With the old Herradura, I'll be interested to find out. This is my first experience and I'm definitely intrigued by the 92 proof.

Price: $35-40/bottle

Aroma: A crisp cooked agave scent with hints of citrus, pine and pepper.

Initial Taste: A sweet and somewhat piney/minty entry. Really interesting. Lots of agave.

Body: Nice oils in the body. Still lots of plant flavors in the body and a really strong and peppery agave kick. Very natural tasting and very potent.

Finish: A long and peppery finish. There's obviously a bit more sizzle from the high proof, but it works well with the tequila profile.

If this is what tequila was like in the good old days, that was a golden age of drinking. This is crisp and clean...and it packs a punch. The natural plant flavors are there and there's just enough sweetness from the agave sugars to round it all out. If I could sip and mix with something this good all the time, I'd be in tequila heaven. This is a flavor packed blanco that's great in all respects. Now if I could just find a bunch of it for its original MSRP....
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments