Review Detail

El Espolon Tequila Silver
Blancos
Submitted by Tequila.net     April 06, 2007    
I bought Espolon because I was getting into tequila and it was very affordable ($23.99). It mixed well but lacks character. The bottle isn't very fancy similar to its contents.

I always sample my tequila neat before mixing and it was very pleasant - just didn't really wow me.

I have grown a lot in the way I treat and drink my tequila and I think that it is entirely possible that I could enjoy this tequila more than previously.

I toured the Wild Turkey Bourbon distillery and saw a bottle of El Espolon in their sampling lab. Apparently, the two beverages are owned by the same conglomerate.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by NathanDetroit December 14, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (22)

Great for the price

I bought Espolon because I was getting into tequila and it was very affordable ($23.99). It mixed well but lacks character. The bottle isn't very fancy similar to its contents.

I always sample my tequila neat before mixing and it was very pleasant - just didn't really wow me.

I have grown a lot in the way I treat and drink my tequila and I think that it is entirely possible that I could enjoy this tequila more than previously.

I toured the Wild Turkey Bourbon distillery and saw a bottle of El Espolon in their sampling lab. Apparently, the two beverages are owned by the same conglomerate.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account