Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

When I think of a good value of a Mexican palate line of tequilas, El Tequileño is one of the first ones that crosses my mind. I generally write my reviews on the first & second tasting of a tequila, but I've had this one more times than I can count. Purchased on closeout at Hi Time Wines, this is a go to for sipping and mixing and has been a hit with friends and family.

Price: $30-35/bottle
Aroma: Lots of cooked agave, hints of citrus and light pepper.
Initial Taste: A light entry with a nice agave sweetness. Not as heavy on flavor as some blancos, but it's really pleasant and tasty.
Body: Medium bodied. Light hints of earth and spice compliment the agave. Well rounded.
Finish: A medium length linger of agave pepper kick and the same earth/spice mix that was in the body. A nice finish that hangs on just long enough to be satisfying.

There's nothing "exciting" about El Tequileño. But it is a rock solid blanco that you know is going to give you a lot of agave flavor every time you taste it whether straight or mixed. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a clean agave flavor at a good price and in a cool bottle. And I'm glad that my cabinet is well stocked with this one.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments