Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Previously, I wrote about the El Cartel Tequila Blanco. Well, they also make a product that has gold flakes floating in it. Yes...they stay floating unlike other brands that try the gimmick of floating bling. Here's the tasting notes on this one:

Price: $50-55/bottle

Aroma: Sweet cooked agave. Sweet and thick. Light grassy notes. Pretty muted overall.

Initial Taste: Sweet with light spice.

Body: A really thick body. Still mostly sweetness and light pepper.

Finish: A bit of alcohol on the finish and light pepper, but this tequila is pretty straight forward throughout. Maybe a hint of cinnamon, but that could be the gold flakes throwing me off.

There's very similar flavors, but the mouth feel is a bit different and this one seems to have a bit more sweetness. NOM 1416 is known for sweet tequilas and makes them in large quantities, so it's not that surprising that there might be a bit of a difference. I'm not big on the gold flakes, but I'm not exactly in the club crowd that this is most likely being marketed to. If you're just looking for flavor, get something else. If you're looking to be cool (which I know nothing about), this might take your hipness Q score up a notch or two.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments