Review Detail

Arsenal Tequila Blanco
Blancos
Submitted by Tequila.net     January 02, 2012    
The entire Arsenal Tequila brand is new to me. I'd been in search of it for a long time because I have a friend that is a big fan of the Arsenal Football team in London, but could never find a place that would ship so that I could buy a tequila gift that he can drink during those stressful matches.

Arsenal hails from NOM 1502 which makes some nice, albeit lesser known, brands like PaQui and Tierras. One day a store that would ship to me came up with it on close out at $9.99. If you read the blog, you know that there's nothing that I like more than a tasty bargain. It hit the latter portion of that, let's see if it can do the former as well...

Price: $25-30/bottle

Aroma: Musty agave with some vegetal notes.

Initial Taste: A nice clean sweetness of cooked agave with light grass and pepper.

Body: Medium oily body. The mouth feel is pretty average. The green notes and pepper come more forward than the original sweetness. Nice balance overall.

Finish: A fairly short finish without a big agave punch, but it finishes easy and has the same pleasant balance that was present throughout the drink.

In all honesty, this would be a fine purchase at $25. The fact that it was only $10 makes me wish that I had bought more. The profile is easy, but pleasant and would work well in a cocktail without the flavor profile overpowering the other ingredients. The bottle is basic, but has some unique touches. If this option pops up as a bargain for you, I'd recommend picking up a bottle. Tasty + cheap = winner.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist July 17, 2013
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

The entire Arsenal Tequila brand is new to me. I'd been in search of it for a long time because I have a friend that is a big fan of the Arsenal Football team in London, but could never find a place that would ship so that I could buy a tequila gift that he can drink during those stressful matches.

Arsenal hails from NOM 1502 which makes some nice, albeit lesser known, brands like PaQui and Tierras. One day a store that would ship to me came up with it on close out at $9.99. If you read the blog, you know that there's nothing that I like more than a tasty bargain. It hit the latter portion of that, let's see if it can do the former as well...

Price: $25-30/bottle

Aroma: Musty agave with some vegetal notes.

Initial Taste: A nice clean sweetness of cooked agave with light grass and pepper.

Body: Medium oily body. The mouth feel is pretty average. The green notes and pepper come more forward than the original sweetness. Nice balance overall.

Finish: A fairly short finish without a big agave punch, but it finishes easy and has the same pleasant balance that was present throughout the drink.

In all honesty, this would be a fine purchase at $25. The fact that it was only $10 makes me wish that I had bought more. The profile is easy, but pleasant and would work well in a cocktail without the flavor profile overpowering the other ingredients. The bottle is basic, but has some unique touches. If this option pops up as a bargain for you, I'd recommend picking up a bottle. Tasty + cheap = winner.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account