Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The first time I tried this blanco, it was early in my tequila tasting experience, and was a little unpleasant, but I decided to give it another try.

The nose evolves as it opens up. It starts earthy and grassy, but turns sweet and vegetal (green pepper) after a period of time. It's actually a nice balance of agave and the aforementioned other elements. The taste focuses on the sweet and the pepper, but more heated pepper instead of raw vegetal pepper. It has a pleasant heat. The body is more on the thin side, but not watery, however it does have a bit of oiliness to offer - a redemptive factor. Not much burn in the finish - very smooth. What it lacks in heat, it still has in taste. The original flavors of sweet heat remain, but primarily on the back of the palate, and not deep in the goozle. A raw vegetal lingering creeps up over time.

I have to say the repeat performance of this blanco has been quite nice. It has some complexity and pleasant elements throughout that keep me coming back for more. I will not be mixing this one. Priced in the low $30 range, I think it is worth it. In fact, I might have to spring for one of the aged varieties now. The bottle is not fancy with the painted native American head, but I actually like the screw top with the wooden cap, and overall the bottle is very functional. Me like'em this firewater.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments