Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I'll admit that the purist in me doesn't really love the label of "Platinum"to a blanco tequila. It seems like unnecessary marketing labeling (and an excuse to charge $10-20 more) when a good juice should be able to stand on its own merits. Embajador Platinum Blanco comes from NOM 1509 (makers of Alma...one of my favorites under $30). The price isn't extravagant, but since the distillery already produces ones of the best juices under $30, it's going to be hard to top one of their current market entries.

Price: $35-40/bottle

Aroma: Lots of cooked agave, hints of spice and earth.

Initial Taste: An old school entry with a nice sweet & spicy agave flavor. An interesting note of cinnamon as well.

Body: Rich, thick and oily. Lots of sweet cooked agave and a really spicy kick. The cinnamon flavor remains.

Finish: Spicy and full. The agave & peppery kick is there and it last for a long time. There’s the cinnamon linger that is there too and it’s almost like the linger from Big Red chewing gum.

This is a really rich and unique blanco. It’s tasty, oily and unique. The cinnamon notes make it an unexpected blanco, but it still stays true to the agave foremost. This is fun as a sipper and would probably make an array of interesting cocktails. Simply put...this is a really good all around blanco. Check it out if you see it on your local shelves.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments