Review Detail

Milagro Tequila Silver Select Barrel Reserve
Blancos
Submitted by Tequila.net     September 23, 2007    
Aroma: Citrus and agave, along with an apparent sweetness. A sharp smell.

Initial taste: Pleasing at first, but the longer it stays in your mouth, the less enjoyable it becomes.

Body: It tastes somewhat "off". It seems to be missing the pepper and agave notes that are so common among blancos. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but if I'm going to be surprised, I want it to be a good surprise.

Finish: A prominent burn from the alcohol along with some nice lingering smoothness.

This is a good tequila that I won't have trouble enjoying. However, for around $45 for a 750ml bottle, I expected a little more. It's presentation (the bottle comes in a box and has a glass agave plant on the inside of the bottle) is great, but the liquid inside failed to meet the standard set by the presentation.

Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by chausen April 23, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

A quality product that doesn't live up to its pres

Aroma: Citrus and agave, along with an apparent sweetness. A sharp smell.

Initial taste: Pleasing at first, but the longer it stays in your mouth, the less enjoyable it becomes.

Body: It tastes somewhat "off". It seems to be missing the pepper and agave notes that are so common among blancos. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but if I'm going to be surprised, I want it to be a good surprise.

Finish: A prominent burn from the alcohol along with some nice lingering smoothness.

This is a good tequila that I won't have trouble enjoying. However, for around $45 for a 750ml bottle, I expected a little more. It's presentation (the bottle comes in a box and has a glass agave plant on the inside of the bottle) is great, but the liquid inside failed to meet the standard set by the presentation.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account