Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

If presentation had anything to do with taste then DeLeon Diamante Tequila would be the best blanco tequila in the world. The bottle is thick and heavy. The top is silver and well-decorated - and heavy. The box is not a flimsy piece of cardboard but a well-constructed case of thick compressed paper. I can't think of a tequila that would be better served by its presentation. With these accolades out of the way what can I say about the product itself?
Well, there are thick and luxurious legs in a Riedel glass. The aroma is strong with agave and earth - but in a good way. Holding the liquid in your mouth brings a mild flavor but distinctive in its elements. It is difficult to characterize the taste but I liken it to some blanco mezcals - but without the smokey taste. My first swallow (finish) brought a slight burn but virtually every tequila offers this. My second taste was incredibly smooth and I could feel the character of the tequila building. The second swallow which most call the finish - I call the pedigree. It's that second taste and finish that will really tell you what a tequila is all about. Well this is ABOUT the best blanco tequila I have ever tasted.
Did I enjoy the tequila? Does anyone enjoy living the high life - and making it last as long as possible? Try a double shot sipped over a period of 15-20 minutes; nice and slow with a few pieces of fruit between sips. Price is not as heavenly as the taste but it has been coming down to a reasonable $100 a bottle - at least in Florida where I purchased mine.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments