Review Detail

Hotel California Tequila Blanco
Blancos
Submitted by Tequila.net     September 18, 2012    
Personally I was disappointed with this brand. Good presentation, nose and agave, but the finish burns with a succinct spicy twinge. I've had a few other brands in this price range that yield a more floral, smoother aftertaste. I'm kind of new to tequila and I'm not too happy that I spent $50 on a bottle that I am not very crazy about. With so many out there I wish there was a way to sample them before investing half a C note.

Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by DonGalione January 18, 2013
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Personally I was disappointed with this brand. Good presentation, nose and agave, but the finish burns with a succinct spicy twinge. I've had a few other brands in this price range that yield a more floral, smoother aftertaste. I'm kind of new to tequila and I'm not too happy that I spent $50 on a bottle that I am not very crazy about. With so many out there I wish there was a way to sample them before investing half a C note.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account
Submitted by jdjohn84
March 17, 2013
We've all done it - wasted good money on bad bottles. I usually stick to brands that have been reviewed (favorably), but sometimes we can't resist the urge to venture out on a new one - trailblazing, so to speak. I wasted money on this brand just as you did. Luckily though, I got mine cheaper. It's a shame what they normally charge for this brand.
1 results - showing 1 - 1