Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Don Pilar is quickly becoming one of my favorite lines of tequila. It may not be well known or a large company, but the thought and craftsmanship in which they put into their tequilas is evident. After tasting the Anejo and the Extra Anejo, I had to taste the base starting point.

Aroma: A crisp and fruity nose. There's a nice clean agave scent with pineapple and raspberry.
Initial Taste: Crisp agave and the aforementioned fruit. A touch of vegetal flavors as well.
Body: A nice oily body for a blanco. You get all of the flavors on every part of your tongue. You get a lot of agave and the peppery notes really kick in as well to compliment the fruit.
Finish: A nice, medium-long peppery linger. It's basically just a peppery agave flavor on the back of your tongue that last a while. Good finish to a very nice blanco.

This blanco has the notes that explain why I like the aged ones so much...and it's very tasty as well. What stands out to me is the uniqueness of the flavors. The fruit mix is unique and it mixes well with the spiciness. For the price, this is a really good blanco.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments