Review Detail

Arette Tequila Blanco
Blancos
Submitted by Tequila.net     April 15, 2007    
This was my first blanco.

Very different to the various repos and anejos I've tried.

The first impression I get is this: mellow. It's a very mellow tequila.

It has a kind of creamy flavour (and nose) to it that I like, followed by a pleasant heat. The nose is a little fuely though. Strangely, for a 100% agave tequila, there's a very very faint reminiscence of light rum in there. You wouldn't notice it if you weren't analysing it though.

If you're expecting full-flavoured loud tequila, this isn't for you, it's much more subtle. For the price (£23.39) I cannot fault it. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I'll definately be adding this to the favourites list.

It slips down very easily; so much so that I would almost label this 'dangerous' :)

I'm not a fan of this in margaritas though. Maybe I need to adjust my recipe, but it just didn't cut through the other ingredients as much as other tequilas.

I must be heathen - sipping blancos but making margs with anejos ;D

Presentation isn't up to much though - cheap printing, not a particularly interesting bottle.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by AxeSlash May 31, 2012
Top 100 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (5)

This was my first blanco.

Very different to the various repos and anejos I've tried.

The first impression I get is this: mellow. It's a very mellow tequila.

It has a kind of creamy flavour (and nose) to it that I like, followed by a pleasant heat. The nose is a little fuely though. Strangely, for a 100% agave tequila, there's a very very faint reminiscence of light rum in there. You wouldn't notice it if you weren't analysing it though.

If you're expecting full-flavoured loud tequila, this isn't for you, it's much more subtle. For the price (£23.39) I cannot fault it. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I'll definately be adding this to the favourites list.

It slips down very easily; so much so that I would almost label this 'dangerous' :)

I'm not a fan of this in margaritas though. Maybe I need to adjust my recipe, but it just didn't cut through the other ingredients as much as other tequilas.

I must be heathen - sipping blancos but making margs with anejos ;D

Presentation isn't up to much though - cheap printing, not a particularly interesting bottle.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account