Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

EDIT: This is an updated review. Although I still think very highly of this brand, I am backing off on the throttle just a bit after another year of experience.

I struggled with rating the nose, and went with a score in the high 80s instead of the low 90s. It is not offensive in any way, but not complex - banana and slight coconut with a tinge of acetone. A sweet entry with ever-so-slight spiciness. There is a minor tingle, but not a lot going on. It has a nice weight and oiliness, although I'm a little suspicious of added glycerin. A short-to-medium finish, but it does creep down the throat. The lingering is of medium-rare cooked agave - not raw, but not as sweet as fully cooked.

A pleasant tasting experience that would appeal to a diverse crowd. It is a very good entry blanco for sipping. I got this bottle on clearance for about $19, which is a steal for an all-around good blanco as this is. I like the sturdy, heavy, glass bottle, but the sticker art is kind of elementary, and it has an acrylic cap with a plastic cork.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments